If you’re looking for original birthday gifts that aren’t just giving a gift card, a money bouquet is a creative and unique gift idea where instead of using flowers, you use folded bills to create a bouquet-like arrangement. Make it over the top and extra beautiful by also adding real flowers! A money bouquet is a perfect way to give money for birthdays, weddings, Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, and graduations.
This money flower bouquet was one of my daughter’s favorite gifts for graduation. Not only did it give her money she will need for college it was so pretty and special! Aunt Jenny did it once again!
What a delightful and memorable way to blend the beauty of flowers with the practicality of money. It’s a thoughtful and special gift that is sure to bring a smile to the recipient’s face (as you can see above).
Here is What You Need For Making a Flower Money Bouquet
To create this wonderful gift, you will need the following materials:
- New Bills: Gather several bills in the desired denomination.
- Floral wire, skewers, or pipe cleaners (chenille stems) These will be the stems for the money bouquet. Aunt Jenny used green pipe cleaners.
- Green floral tape if using wire or skewers. The floral tape will help secure the money to the stems and give them a more natural appearance.
- Optional decorations: You can add ribbons, tissue paper, bows, or small decorative items to enhance the bouquet.
How to Make a Money Bouquet
Here’s a step-by-step guide to creating a simple money flower bouquet:
- Roll each bill into a cone shape and secure it with clear tape.
- Take a floral wire or skewer and attach it to the back of the rolled bill or by sliding the wire through the bottom of the cone and fast with the floral tape wrapping the wire or skewer all the way to the bottom with the green floral tape.
If using a pipe cleaner make a loop at one end and feed it through the cone.
- Repeat the rolling and attaching process for each bill until you have a sufficient number to create a full bouquet and have used the amount of money you want to give.
- Once all the bills are attached to the stems, arrange them with flowers to make a bouquet. You can adjust the position of the bills to create a visually appealing arrangement.
- My sister-in-law placed the bouquet in a mason jar filled with water. She covered the jar with tissue paper secured with a ribbon bow.
Imagine the joy on your loved one’s face as they receive a gorgeous money flower bouquet. They’ll appreciate the time and effort you put into crafting such a unique and meaningful present. It’s a gift that stands out among the rest, leaving a lasting impression. It sure did for my daughter!
It is an especially thoughtful way to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, or any other big day. It’s a beautiful and thoughtful alternative to traditional floral arrangements or just giving cash that combines the beauty of flowers with the practicality of money. You might even like to add in a few gift cards. With an arrangement of real bills and beautiful flowers, you can add that extra touch of creativity and sentiment to make someone’s day truly unforgettable.