Keep your family enjoy each other and making memories with these family fun activity ideas. From indoor activities to get to vacations there are loads of family friendly ideas.
Family Activity Ideas
Entertaining your family doesn’t need to be a challenge! Use this long list of kid friendly family activities to have loads of fun.
- Read a book aloud together
- Put together a puzzle
- Play a new board game
- Do something nice for a family member
- Send thinking of you cards to friends and family
- Do a random (anonymous) act of kindness
- Play Hide and Seek
- Bake up a sweet treat
- Go wall climbing
- Take a hike
- Participate in a city scavenger hunt
- Cook dinner together
- Take dinner to a friend in need
- Make a fitness challenge
- Play laser tag
- Take neighbors a treat
- Try a new restaurant with cuisine you wouldn’t normally eat
- Make a care package for a faraway friend or relative
- Visit the tallest building in your city
- Cook S’mores over a fire
- Visit an animal shelter
- Make a family mission statement
- Go to a local outdoor concert
- Visit a senior center
- Visit the library
- Have a picnic
- Make family goals
- Make a family music video
- Go through baby photos
- Learn your city’s history
- Go to the zoo
- Do a chore for a neighbor
- Volunteer at a local charity
- Learn a new hobby (painting, woodworking, etc)
- Build something together (birdhouse, Adirondack chair)
- Visit a local attraction
- Visit a museum
- Host a game night with another family
- Have a movie night
- Participate in a local run/walk for charity
- Learn to use a compass and go geocaching
- Go fishing
- Have a lemonade stand and donate the money to a charity
- Visit an amusement park
- Learn your family’s genealogy and make a family tree
- Take lessons together (golf, scuba diving, painting, etc)
- Plan a family vacation to somewhere new
- Take a road trip
- Go Camping (even if it is in the back yard)
- Stay at a local hotel overnight
- Have a family slumber party
- Plant a garden
- Visit a local park
- Go to a golf course
The best part is that the ideas are color coded. Once you decide how much time you have for family fun ask a family member to draw a card in that color!
Keep all the ideas handy in a mason jar. Even the label is included for the front of the jar! You will always be ready with the perfect idea for fun family activities.
How to Make a Family Fun Activity Jar
Print the activity cards and list in color on white cardstock. Print the circle labels on a solid sheet of label paper.
Cut out the labels for the jar. A three-inch circle punch (affiliate link) works perfectly.
Cut out all the activity ideas and place them in a wide mouth mason jar. Stick the Family Fun label on the side of the jar and the instruction label on the top of the jar. The color-coded key can be stuck on the back of the jar or inside on the bottom of the lid.
Now you have a great family activity jar!
How does your family spend time together? Please leave your ideas in the comments.