My banana drawing is fast, easy, and fun. So, in 10 minutes or less, you can have your very own ripe banana sketch.
Thank you for hanging here with me today! I love to draw fun things like fruit and think you might like to draw, too! In short, check out these things to draw tutorials here at Skip to My Lou!
Banana Drawing Supplies
Here are a few supplies you probably already have and you’re ready to get started on this simple banana drawing lesson.
- regular pencil
- colored pens, colored pencils, crayons or markers
But First a Joke
We love a good joke!
Knock, knock! Who's there? Banana. Banana, who? Knock, knock! Who's there? Banana. Banana who? Knock, knock! Who's there? Orange. Orange, who? Orange you glad I didn't say banana!
How to Draw a Banana Easy!
The drawing steps and illustrated images in this drawing tutorial will show you, in simple steps, how to create a single banana from start to finish. In other words, all you need to do is follow the easy steps.
- Sketch a long, curved line like a smiley face to represent the inside curve of a banana.
- Round the corner off and make a slight curve around and down to form the underside of the banana. Notice this banana shape is kind of like a canoe!
- Add extra details like lines on the side and at the bottom of the banana. Likewise, at the bottom of the banana, sketch a small oval. Similarly, at the opposite end of the banana, draw a stem by drawing a tall upside-down U.
- Trace around the drawing of a banana with a black pen then color. The banana in the picture is bright yellow, but you can achieve darker values by coloring the peeling with light gray crayons first and then a yellow crayon on top. On the other hand, you can choose your own colors to complete this drawing!
my favorite drawing supplies
- Sketching Pencils
- Kneaded Rubber Eraser
- Sketch Pad
- Erasable Colored Pencils
- Fine markers
- Sketch and Drawing Art Pencil Set
- Artist drawing set (This is great for new and experienced artists. It’s also something I give as a gift.)
Here’s An Easy Banana Drawing Video
Fruity Salad for the Win
My banana loving son would do the cutest monkey dance when he saw bananas at the store! Consequently, this was my opportunity to introduce him to other fruits by adding slices of apples, grapes, oranges, and cherries to his beloved fruit! Let me know in the comments if you have cutey fruity stories like this!
Of course, I needed to keep a bunch of bananas on hand so there would always be a loaf or 2 of banana bread ready to go!
Bananas, Bananas, and More Bananas!
Now that you have learned to create a yellow banana, try one of banana-themed ideas. To sum up, these ideas listed below are easy to make and fun to do.