These pumpkin carving stencils will help to create the coolest carved pumpkins on the block! Download as many printable pumpkin designs as you like, and fill your porch with jack-o-lantern fun!
The designs don’t have to be elaborate, once the pumpkins are aglow they are guaranteed to be amazing. If you’ve never tried carving a pumpkin face before, I have some helpful and easy pumpkin carving templates and tricks. Looking for more inspiration? Here are some more amazing pumpkin carving ideas.
Easy Pumpkin Stencils
Here is an easy pumpkin face to carve. Straight lines can be easier to carve than curves.
Halloween Pumpkin Carving Stencils
You will love these Halloween stencils and easy pumpkin carving ideas and tips. You will be able to carve up some Halloween fun! (pun intended)
If you prefer carving foam pumpkins, be sure to check out my fall decorating tips. You will be ready to set your porch aglow and welcome guests and trick-or-treaters.
How to Use These FREE Printable Pumpkin Stencils
- Download the free pumpkin carving stencils printable, and print on regular copy paper in black and white. (The links are above each picture)
- Make sure the stencil you choose will fit the size of your pumpkin before you get started. We always go for large pumpkins!
- Cut out the dark areas and then use the remaining white paper as a stencil.
- Tape the white paper onto your pumpkin so it’s secured in place for easy tracing.
- Trace the area with a Sharpie marker to make lines easy to see.
- If your kids are doing the pumpkin carving, please supervise them to make sure they are safe with the sharp tools!
- When carving, you should cut on the outside of the line so the Sharpie marker is removed.
- If you don’t want to spend the time cutting out the dark areas, place the stencil on the pumpkin and use a thumbtack to pierce the edge of the design. This is our favorite way to use carving patterns.
- Carve a Halloween Masterpiece!
PUMPKIN CARVING TRICK! See our clever pumpkin carving trick – we use a common tool that makes it so much easier to hollow out the inside of the pumpkin.
You are going to have fun with these free pumpkin carving patterns for sure! Print them off as many as you like and get carving! I love to see a front porch full of carved pumpkin faces, don’t you?
No need to stick to jack o lantern faces. Try out a spider!
A black cat is another fun Halloween design!
Bats, cats, and spiders oh my! Use the three designs for a cool display.
Easy Pumpkin Carving Stencils
Halloween isn’t complete without a skull, right? Not too scary pumpkin carving pattern. Right? I must be a pumpkin lady because I never get tired of seeing all the creative ways people carve their jack o lanterns!
A spooky haunted house makes for a cool Halloween pumpkin!
Jack O Lantern Faces – Free Pumpkin Carving Stencils
If you want unique pumpkin carving faces, these free pumpkin carving templates are a bit more unusual! I love how small changes to the shapes of the eyes or mouth can create so much personality. Try one of these simple pumpkin designs.
If you’re looking for a classic, easy design to carve, the stencil is great. The ominous grin won’t be too scary for your littlest trick-or-treaters!
Here are a couple of scary pumpkin stencils…
More Printable Pumpkin Carving Stencils
There is more! If you like traditional pumpkin faces here are 8 Jack O Lantern faces for carving. These cool pumpkin printables are variations on the classic pumpkin face.
How do you make a carved pumpkin last longer?
How do you keep a carved pumpkin from rotting? Dip or spray it with a solution of three gallons of water and 3 tablespoons of bleach. Your pumpkins this year will stay fresh longer with that simple trick!
Alternatively, make a natural spray with peppermint essential oil. Mix about 10 drops of peppermint oil, one cup of water or vinegar, and a teaspoon of liquid soap to help keep mold at bay. Peppermint has anti-fungal properties, which will help keep fungus and mold away.
How did pumpkin carving start?
Pumpkin face carving at Halloween time originated in Ireland, although they didn’t have pumpkins. Instead, they carved Jack O Lantern faces in turnips and other root vegetables. Then they would place a burning ember into the vegetable to scare away any evil spirits around Halloween.
Did you know that the term jack o’ lantern was a name for the strange lights that would appear in Irish bogs at night? Spooky!
Check out our favorite pumpkin carving tools. We really like the stainless steel carvers in the pumpkin carving kit. The tiny serrated knife works great for details. Don’t miss our trick for removing the guts!
More Halloween Fun!
Now that you have so many pumpkin carving stencils, you are ready to carve. If you love celebrating Halloween you might enjoy these posts.
- Pumpkin Coloring Pages will get kids in the Halloween spirit!
- Learn how to draw a classic jack-o-lantern with this easy tutorial.
- Check out our favorite Family Halloween Costumes! Yes, that’s us in that KISS costume!
- Creepy Halloween Dinner Ideas for a festive celebration.
- Cute Baby Halloween Costumes
- Cheap Halloween Decorations to make your home spooktacular!
- Halloween Games are super fun to keep kids busy!
I hope you love all these printable pumpkin templates and free pumkin’ carving stencils! Happy Halloween!