My friend Laura is at it again and has made a yummy Instant Pot Almond Pound Cake. It is a perfect Spring dessert served up with fresh berries and homemade whipped cream. It is dense, yet moist and has the most delicious almond flavor. I love that the Instant Pot not only makes dinner time a breeze with delicious main courses, and desserts. How versatile. Be sure to check out some of our favorite Instant Pot Recipes. Do you have an Instant Pot? Believe me if you don’t you are missing out. I know you would fall in love with pressure cooking like I have!
Buttery Instant Pot Almond Pound Cake
1 c. Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
1 1/3 c. Sugar
1 t. Baking Powder
1 t Salt
1 T Almond Emulsion
2 ¼ c Flour
1/2 c. Sour Cream
1. Grease and flour a 7” tube pan and set aside.
2. With large stand mixer, cream butter and sugar.
3. Add baking powder and salt, combine well.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
5. Mix in Almond Emulsion (you can substitute Almond Extract if emulsion is unavailable)
6. Slowly add flour to batter, scraping bottom of bowl on occasion.
7. Mix in sour cream.
8. Spread batter evenly into tube pan, smoothing out the top and tapping pan on counter to settle.
9. Put 2 cups of water into pressure cooker insert and place trivet in bottom of insert.
10. Cover tube pan with aluminum foil, poking a whole with your finger in the area of the “tube” in the
center. Seal pan tightly.
11. Lower tube pan into pressure cooker insert using a foil sling, sitting pan on trivet. Lock lid and cook at
high pressure for 60 minutes.
12. Upon completion of cooking time, allow for a natural pressure release.
13. Open pressure cooker and remove pan using foil sling. Remove foil from top of pan and set on wire rack
to cool for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes run a thin knife around the edge of pan to loosen cake.
14. Cool for an additional 10 minutes, then remove cake from pan and transfer to serving platter. Cool
completely and serve with ice cream, whipped cream and fresh berries (or plain). Enjoy!
This Instant Pot Almond Pound Bake recipe would also be delicious with ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate or lemon curd and cream. So many options with this pound cake!