Key lime pie cheesecake is a classic and you won’t believe that this Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake was made in a pressure cooker. OH MY, it is delicious. It has the perfect texture, smooth and silky yet firm. So full of flavor. It never ceases to amaze me when I pull out a dessert from my pressure cooker.
A pressure cooker can be life-changing. You will find that healthy meals can be made in minutes. Here are some of the pressure cooker recipes my family has been enjoying. Even if you don’t make your main course in the pressure cooker it can make the quickest sides. Instant Pot Stick of Butter Rice is the BOMB. It is a great side dish for your family but is also an outstanding no-fail recipe for company!
My friend Laura Finson made this delicious cheesecake. We can’t wait to share more Instant Pot desserts with you! The Instant Pot is the way to make moist yummy desserts. You must also give this Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bundt Cake recipe a try. You will at least want to check out the bundt cake recipe for instructions on how to make a sling. This sling is the key to remove your cheesecake springform pan out of your pressure cooker. You will need the technique for this pressure cooker cheesecake.
Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake
I always go for chocolate desserts but this citrus cheesecake is a winner. You will not be disappointed in this key lime cheesecake recipe!
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Cream Cheese
- Flour, sugar, and vanilla
- Zest of lime
- Key lime juice
- Slices of lime
- Heavy cream
This for sure makes a show-stopping dessert. I love that this instant pot cheesecake recipe can be made ahead so on the day of a dinner party you don’t need to worry about dessert.
I hope you love this Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake! Please let me know what you think!
Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake
- 1 c graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- 16 oz Cream Cheese softened to room temperature
- 2 tsp Flour
- ½ c Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Zest of 1 Lime
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tbsp Key Lime Juice
- ¾ c Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- Zest of 1 Lime
- 10 Thin Lime Slice Halves
- Spray a 6” springform pan with non-stick spray and set aside. In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter and stir together with a fork. Press firmly into the bottom of the sprayed springform pan, then set aside.
For Cheesecake filling:
- With an electric mixer beat together: cream cheese, flour, sugar, vanilla and zest of one lime. Scraping sides and bottom to ensure all ingredients are mixed together well (to avoid any lumps). Add eggs one at a time and then egg yolk. Beat until just combined. Mix in Key Lime Juice (if you can’t find Key Lime Juice, you can substitute lime juice) and Whipping Cream until just combined. Pour over crust. Tap pan gently on the countertop a few times to get rid of any large air bubbles.
- Add 1.5 cups water to pressure cooker insert. Then place the trivet in bottom of the insert. Lay a paper towel over the top of the springform pan (dry paper towel) and then wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Place pan in the pressure cooker using a sling. Lock lid in place and cook at high pressure for 37 minutes. Once cooking is completed let pressure release naturally for 18 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the pressure cooker and remove foil and paper towel. Set on wire rack and cool for 10 minutes. Then carefully run a sharp paring knife around the perimeter (between cheesecake and pan edge). Let cool for 20-30 minutes and then release the springform pan edge. Cover lightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Using a large spatula, remove springform pan bottom from cheesecake and place cheesecake on serving platter. Place whipping cream and sugar in a mixing bowl and then whip until stiff. Fold in the zest of ½ of a lime (keep remaining ½ of lime to zest over the top for a lovely presentation).
- Place whipping cream in a piping bag with a large open star tip and pipe onto top of the Instant Pot cheesecake, then zest remaining half of lime over the top of the whipped cream and center of cheesecake. Place lime slice halves around the perimeter of cheesecake equidistance apart by sliding gently into whipped cream.
- Refrigerate (covered) until ready to serve. Enjoy!
More pressure cooker dessert recipes:
Mine did not set. Not sure what went wrong. Time to use some parfait glasses.
I love cheesecake. This is the first time I’ve ever made it. I began eating it even before making the topping. Sorry.
I have a six quart old school pressure cooker. It worked fine for this.
Will a 7” pan work for this that’s the size I usually use for cheesecake
Larry, you can if you like. This might be helpful if you want to remove the cheesecake from the bottom of the pan before serving.
Hi…I am buying a 6 in spring form pan that comes with pre cut parchment paper. Should I put it in the bottom of the pan for your recipes?
I do not have an instant pot, but would love to make this recipe and bake it in the oven.
Can you advise me how long to cook it and at what temperature in an oven?
I LOVE my instant pot and learning to make new things in it. This cheesecake was delicious. Thanks for the new dessert recipe.