Delicious Monkey Bread that can be made right in your Instant Pot. Cinnamon rolls and a secret ingredient make this the best Monkey Bread and cooking it in the pressure cooker makes it so tender and moist. My friend Laura does it again! You will be making her soft, sweet, gooey bread over and over! It is the perfect thing to serve at a brunch or to overnight guests and special enough for Christmas morning. Make the BEST quiche ever or delicious breakfast egg casserole and you will have an amazing breakfast. We love our Instant Pot be sure to check out our favorite pressure cooker recipes.
Where is Monkey Bread from?
Have you ever wondered where this sweet sticky bread came from? We borrowed the idea from the Hungarian treat called arany galuska which means golden dumplings. Little balls of dough are dipped in melted butter, then in cinnamon and sugar and sometimes nuts.
Why is it called Monkey bread?
Monkey bread comes from the pastry being a finger food. When we eat it we pick apart the bread like a monkey would.
Now that you know all the history lets get started on how to make Monkey Bread!
Monkey Bread in the Instant Pot
Using refrigerated cinnamon rolls eliminates the need for cinnamon and sugar and making homemade dough! This really is the easiest Monkey Bread recipe ever! The butterscotch pudding ups the flavor and the steam from the pressure cooker makes it especially moist! You won’t be able to stop eating this sweet pastry!
- 2 12 ounce cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 1 small box butterscotch instant jello pudding
- 1/2 cup butter melted
Cut cinnamon rolls in fourths. Toss the cinnamon roll pieces in the dry instant pudding. Spray a 6 cup bundt pan with cooking spray. Layer butter and rolls in the pan starting and ending with the butter.
Place trivet in bottom of the pressure cooker with 1 1/2 cups water. Make an aluminum foil sling to hold the bundt pan to make it easy to remove the bundt pan after cooking. Place bundt pan uncovered into the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 22-25 minutes. Use quick release when cooking time is up.
Remove from Instant Pot. Let cool in pan 5-10 minutes. Invert onto a plate. Drizzle the cinnamon roll frosting over the top. Serve warm.
Monkey Bread Tips
- This bread is best served warm, fresh from the oven! If for some strange reason have leftovers they may be kept for a day at room temperature, in an airtight container. Any leftover baked bread can also be frozen. Be sure to wrap it well. Reheat unthawed bread at 350F until warm. Really though, fresh hot from the oven is best. I don’t think you will have leftovers.
- The Instant Pot makes this bread extra gooey and yummy! If you don’t have a pressure cooker it can be baked in the oven. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate.
- This is an easy recipe to take camping and can be baked in a dutch oven. Line a 12-inch dutch oven with aluminum foil. Bake cinnamon roll mixture for about 30 mins at 350F. To achieve 350F use place 18 briquettes on lid and 6 underneath. Check often to make sure the bottom of the rolls are not burning. Here is a great dutch oven cooking guide.
- You can get a 6 cup bundt pan here.