BEST Quiche ever… I promise!
Let me tell you about the most amazing quiche EVER! Everyone needs that one amazing recipe that they know is the best. You can be sure guests will love this recipe and leave wanting more. You might want to serve it with this overnight coffee cake.
Easy Quiche Recipe
This recipe, introduced to me by my sister-in-law, always gets rave reviews. Go ahead and follow the recipe! Don’t leave out anything and use the cream, it does make a difference. I have seen my sister-in-law carry these quiche frozen in her carry-on, on an airplane!! You can make the mixture the night before and refrigerate, then the next morning pour into pre-baked crusts and bake or they can be frozen and re-heated. Prepared either way it is delicious!
We are going to visit friends for a long weekend and I thought I would take some quiche to help with breakfasts. They are going to love this ham and quiche! This recipe makes two.
Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe
The only quiche recipe you will ever need!
- 2 9” Pie crusts pre-baked
- 1 Tablespoon nely chopped bell pepper any color
- 1 Small onion nely chopped
- 1 4.5 oz. can of mushrooms drained and chopped
- 7 Eggs
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 8 oz. grated Monterrey Jack or Colby Jack cheese grated
- 6-8 oz. Swiss cheese grated
- 12 oz. chopped ham
- 1/2 Teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 Teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground pepper
Pre-bake pie crust according to directions
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
In a large skillet, saute onion, green pepper, and mushrooms until onions
- are soft and translucent. Set aside to cool
Lightly beat eggs together and then add cream and mix. Stir in cheeses,
- ham, vegetables and the rest of ingredients. Divide lling between two
- pie crusts.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes, until crusts are golden and lling is
- set. Eggs pu up beautifully! Baked quiche may be frozen and then
- re-heated. Filling can also be made the night before and then put into crusts and
- baked the next morning.
Ham and Cheese Quiche
You may print the recipe above or download it here if you want to give it a try. Don’t forget to follow the recipe! There isn’t much tarragon, vinegar, nutmeg, mushrooms, peppers etc… but it all works together to make a delicious quiche! So don’t leave those ingredients out. Trust me you are going to love this!
My quiche are frozen and we’re off for a nice weekend with some dear friends. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Let me know if you give this recipe a try and what you think!