I have always wanted a DIY gold Christmas tree! So this year I decided this was the year I was excited to give my painting idea a try. It actually was easier than I thought! So easy in fact, a nine-year-old can do it.
The sparkle of gold will enhance your Christmas tree. Paired with a beautiful garland and all your special ornaments your DIY gold Christmas tree will be a hit during this festive season!
Spray paint makes many things possible! How easy it is to paint a tree whatever color will compliment your Christmas theme this year.
DIY Gold Christmas Tree Just a few Simple Steps
We used gold floral paint. We tried several different kinds of spray paint but this paint made especially for florals worked the best.
To keep from painting the lights we put drinking straws over the lights. Moving them as we painted.
Let your tree completely dry and decorate!
I decorated our tree with ornaments collected through the years from places we have traveled and things we like to do. I was thrilled to be able to add to my collection at Michaels. My candy-loving daughter loved this gumball machine.
My son, born in Texas, needed Santa in a car with longhorns.
More Christmas Decorating Ideas
- Button Christmas Tree Pendant can also double as an ornament to hang on your tree.
- Canvas Christmas Tree Banner this quick and easy project can be made in under an hour.
- Give your tree a handmade and homespun look with this Easy Crochet Garland For Your Christmas Tree.
- Reindeer DIY Christmas Wrapping Paper is a fun project for kids.
- Christmas Stocking Pattern is fully lined and super simple to sew!
- DIY Christmas Wreath Ideas are a fun way to celebrate and decorate for the holidays.
- Vintage Christmas Light Garland Tutorial this is a great gift idea kids can help make!
- Felt Christmas Gnome will make a friendly decoration under the tree, make it bigger to make a pillow.
- If you love decorating for the holidays, you’ll love these easy Simple and Stunning Holiday Decorations
- Crochet Santa Hat for cute photo props or even a handmade gift.
- If you’re looking for a fun and festive way to decorate your Christmas tree this year, why not try making some Santa Face Ornaments?
Did you paint your tree GOLD? If not, You can help spread some holiday cheer by sharing a photo of your dream tree or any trees that inspire you this year.