Do your kids need to say a few thank yous? I have these darling printable kid thank you cards just for them! Four different designs to choose from. These are the easy fill in the blank thank you cards for kids that make saying thank you super easy!
Looking for a cool card for you or older children print these free thank you cards.
Free Printable KID Thank You Cards
The thank you cards fit large 6″ X 9″ envelopes (they are not small card size). I found mine at a large craft store. Larger open-end envelopes also work great. Amazon has some in fun colors like this. (affiliate link)
Download the file. These printable cards are printed on white premium cardstock. For these, you might need to choose fit to the page before printing. Cut the page in half and you have two cute thank you cards!
I think your kids are going to love them….. you might even want to use them for yourself! These cards are perfect to help kids say thank you.
Printable Thank You Cards for Kids
These flat cards are great to say thank you for birthday party gifts, Christmas gifts…. any gifts!
Printable Thank You Cards – Gee Thanks and Hello and Thanks!
Here are two more designs. You will want this one if the gift was a home run!
Your Gift Was A Home Run and Hi and Thanks! – Thank You Cards
My daughter loved the one with the dogs in the truck! Too cute! These cards give such a personal touch to your thank yous.
The Importance of Saying Thank You
There is a good reason to encourage kids to write thank yous! In fact, the science behind it is very compelling. Jeffrey Froh, an assistant professor of psychology at Hofstra University, in Hempstead, New York says, “Grateful kids tend to be much more satisfied with their lives, and they do better in school and are less materialistic, less depressed, and less envious. Their relationships are much stronger and more supportive.” In one study, grateful kids even reported fewer physical symptoms, like headaches, stomachaches, and fevers. WOW!
I love these words of wisdom, “Gratitude turns what we have into enough.” Oprah Winfrey says it well, “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.
Great lessons for us and our children!
How do you say thank you?
How to say thank you can be hard, but it doesn’t need to be. The above printable cards make it easier for kids for sure. If you want to help them write a meaningful thank you try these prompts.
First, start with a greeting and then start with the two most important words, thank you!
- Thank you for coming to my birthday party, it was more special celebrating it with you.
- This is exactly what I wanted, thank you so much for getting it for me.
- Thank you! Your gift made me feel special.
- Thank you. Your gift made my day.
It is always nice to add specific details to your thank you note. Be sure to let them how you plan to use their gift. Especially if it is cash, describe how you plan to spend it.
- Here’s a picture of me with my new shirt. I love it!
- I can’t wait to use the birthday money you sent to buy a new lamp for my desk.
Finish up your note by restating your thanks.
- Again, thank you for my new shirt. I’ am going to look so good at school.
- Thank you again for the lamp. It is really going to help me when I am studying.
End with warm regards.
- Many thanks,
- With love,
More Ways to Stay Thank You!
Here are a few more ways to say thank you.
- Thank you gift ideas
- DIY Thank you cards
- FREE Chevron Thank You Cards
- FREE Thank You Cards round-up of 12 fun designs
- Thank you for being you printable
- Printable gratitude cards Tuck these cards in places for friends to find them.
- Thanks a late teacher gift idea (free printable)
- FREE printable thank you cards for teachers This is the perfect card template for your child to write a special thank you note to their teacher.
- Help your child say thank you to their teacher with these Teacher Appreciation Ideas.
These are just the cutest! I can’t wait to help my kiddos use this for their next birthday gift thank yous.
Such an awesome idea!! Thank you for sharing.
OMG, I hated writing thank you cards when I was little. Who am I kidding? I still hate doing it! Just printed out a bunch for my kids — now I need an adult version, LOL!
Oh my goodness, these are adorable! I love them!