Strawberry poke cake topped with whipped topping will be your new favorite cake. Fresh strawberries adorn the top of the cake, while inside the strawberry gelatin works its magic to create a moist, delicious easy dessert recipe.
Poke Strawberry cakes are fun, easy, moist, and delicious. So, find your wooden spoon to poke holes and get your strawberry Jello mixture ready to pour because this cake can happen today!
Watch a Poke Strawberry Cake Being Made
Ingredients for Strawberry Poke Cake Recipe
The best thing about this recipe is that you can find the ingredients in your local grocery store; there’s no need for any fancy ingredients! With things like a boxed cake mix and some Jello and whipped topping, you can make this beautiful cake. Here is what you will need:
- 1 box of white cake mix + water, oil, and eggs (usually only the whites are called for on the cake mix box to prepare)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2– 3 ounce boxes Strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 – 8 ounce Container Cool Whip Thawed
- 9 x 13 baking dish
- electric mixer
- wooden spoon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a 9X13 cake pan. Prepare the box cake mix according to the package directions. Pour the cake batter into the baking dish.
2. Bake in 350 F oven for the specified time.
3. Let the cake cool completely on a wire rack.
4. In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups boiling water and strawberry Jello powder and stir until dissolved.
5. Poke the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon halfway into the cake at 1-inch intervals.
6. Pour Jello into a measuring cup or bowl with a pouring spout. Pour strawberry Jello into every hole. A cooking baster or syringe also works for this.
7. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
8. Spread thawed Cool Whip over the top of the chilled cake using an offset spatula to achieve a smooth surface.
9. Pop the finished cake back into the refrigerator for another hour before cutting and serving. Top each slice with a fresh strawberry.
Strawberry Poke Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites most white cake mixes call for egg whites only
- oil , per box
- 2 3 oz boxes of Strawberry Jello
- 1 8oz tub Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- 2 Cups sliced strawberries
- Prepare the box cake mix according to the package and bake according to the instructions for a 9×13 pan.
- Let the baked cake cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup boiling water and Jell-O and stir until gelatin is dissolved, stir in the ½ cup cold water.
- Poke the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon or the tines of a meat fork halfway into the cake at ½ – 1-inch intervals.
- Carefully pour the strawberry gelatin evenly over the top of the cake.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Mix instant pudding with only 1 cup of milk. Let it sit a minute until slightly stiff. Fold in the thawed 8 oz tub of Cool Whip.
- Spread the cool whip mixture over the top of the cake and garnish with sliced strawberries right before serving.
Tips and Suggestions
Do you prefer cherries over strawberries? I know some people are allergic to strawberries, so use cherry Jello and fresh cherries as a remedy. Oh, what about raspberry Jello and fresh raspberries?
Let’s talk about frosting. To ramp up the decadence, consider using cream cheese frosting or homemade whipped cream frosting!
And on the subject of whipped cream, any leftover cake will need to be stored in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap, or in an airtight container.
Let your mind create other recipe variations and leave me a comment below!
More Delicious Recipes
Thank you for stopping by to make this Strawberry Jello Poke Cake with me! Please leave me a comment below and let me know how you and your family liked it! And I can’t let you go without sharing a few more fun dessert recipes today!
- Strawberry Cake Mix cookies will delight your guests and the homemade buttercream icing will send these easy cookies over the top!
- Make this Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip and you won’t be disappointed.
- Who loves the flavor of cinnamon? Make your own Cinnamon Hard Candy Hard Candy!
- Use semi-sweet and white chocolate chips to make these amazing Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
- Here are 5 Simple and Delicious Baby Shower Charcuterie Board Ideas for throwing the best shower.