Want to learn how to make this easy spider web drawing? You can have so much fun and make your own spider web by following my simple steps!
This time of the year, creating your own Halloween decorations is easy if you follow a drawing tutorial! Here are some of my step-by-step guides that go with arachnids and cobwebs like: realistic pumpkins, classic laughing Jack-o-lanterns, crescent moons, cute bats, and mysterious cats!
Art Supplies Needed For This Lesson
Just a few supplies you probably already have and you’re good to get started on this simple spiderweb drawing.
- Sketching Pencils
- Kneaded Rubber Eraser
- Sketch Pad
- Erasable Colored Pencils
- Fine markers
- Sketch and Drawing Art Pencil Set
- Artist drawing set (This is great for new and experienced artists. It’s also something I give as a gift.)
Simple SpiderWeb Drawing Instructions Here
The instructions and illustrated images will show you how to draw a spider web step by step.
- Draw 4 intersecting lines that meet in the middle of your paper. Use your ruler to make straight lines. You may want to start with the vertical line, then the horizontal line and finally draw the 2 diagonal lines.
- Sketch the first row of webs by using a curved line between the straight lines as shown in the picture. Continue all the way around.
- Draw the second and third row of webs using the same technique as before.
- To complete your drawing, dangle a spider from the lower horizontal web line as shown in the picture. Draw the spider by filling in a small circle and then filling in a larger circle under the small circle. Add 8 jointed legs around the spider. Voila! Now you can use simple shapes to add more spiders or victims trapped in the web! How will you customize your picture?
Watch someone drawing This Spider web!
Before You Go
I grew up with a respect for spiders and find them fascinating, so I hope you enjoyed drawing today and will check out a few more of my Spider Specials!