Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Here is a Father’s Day gift that dad is sure to flip over! (pun intended) A personalized spatula makes a perfect gift Dads love! It is a unique gift that will make him feel special every time he uses it.
Personalized Spatula Supplies
- Spatula with wooden handle – I found this handy bbq spatula at the dollar store. Any spatula with a wooden handle will work. Actually, any tool would work. How about making a personalized hammer!
- Fine to medium sandpaper
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- Paint Pens (I used Elmer’s Paint Pens, however from the reviews on Amazon these paint pens look like they would be great too, especially if you are going to make a personalized coffee mug.
DIY Personalized Spatula
This spatula is useful it is a personalized gift just for him!
If the spatula has any type of rubber handle carefully cut it off.
Lightly sand the entire wooden handle with medium to fine sandpaper. This will help the paint adhere securely to the handle.
Now you are ready to personalize! I am a huge fan of paint pens. They are a no-mess way to paint. The medium and fine tips allow a child (or adult) to write with paint with great success! They are also versatile! They paint on wood, metal, ceramic, plastic and fabric!
With the paint, pens personalize the wooden handle.
Allow the paint to completely dry (about 15 mins). Once dry add a coat of mod podge to protect the paint.
Now, dad has a useful and heartfelt gift!
Great Gift Ideas for Dad
These Father’s Day presents are sure to a hit!
- Printable FUNNY Father’s Day Cards– Need a card? Print these fun cards for free!
- Father’s Day Coupon Book -Say thanks by helping a dad out!
- Father’s Day Bottle Tags– Attach these to dad’s fave beverage!
- Father’s Day Coloring Page The perfect way to let kids share how they feel!
- Father’s Day Candy Bar Wrappers– For all GOOD DADS!
- How about a Dad Portrait – complete with money bow tie