Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
It is no secret that I love May Day. There is just something special about leaving unexpected treats at a friend’s door. Let me show you how to make a simple paper May Day Basket with a Cricut cutting machine.
There are so many different ways to fashion a May Day basket. Here is a round-up of more of my favorite May Day Basket Ideas for inspiration. From simple cone-shaped paper baskets to more elaborate gift baskets you will find something wonderful!
Often in Kansas, there aren’t many spring flowers blooming when May Day rolls around. So if you are like me and have to grab a bouquet of flowers this May Day Basket is for you! My free May Day Basket template makes the perfect holder for a bouquet of flowers that can be hung on a doorknob as you quickly ring the bell and run away.
The shape is easy enough to cut with scissors, but I use my Cricut to make it even easier and super quick.
What You Will Need to Make a May Day Basket
I love that this project takes so few supplies and can be made in minutes. I even have a free SVG file for you to make it easier than ever!
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air
- StandardGip Machine Mat
- Basic Cricut Tools
- Sewing machine, tape, or glue to secure sides
- Ribbon (optional to make a bow)
- Free May Day Basket Template SVG File
- Free printable May Day Basket Template PDF File
How to Make a May Basket With Your Cricut
In just a few steps you can make beautiful homemade May Day baskets and be delivering goodness to all your friends!
- Download the SVG file and upload it to Cricut Design Studio.
- Select Make It. Place cardstock on cutting mat and load into the machine.
- Choose appropriate weight for your cardstock.
- Press the flashing Go button on the machine.
- See, quick and easy! Remove from the machine and repeat the process. You will need two pieces to complete the May basket.
- Put the two pieces together and fasten. I simply sewed along each side. The sides could also be secured with hot glue or tape.
- How easy was that! Now you can print the cute May Day gift tags from here.
- Slip in a bouquet and tie on the tag.
The May Basket template is just perfect for a bouquet. You can find beautiful flower bouquets at Aldi’s for about $4.00. About half of one of these bouquets fits inside the paper sleeve.
More Ways to Celebrate May Day
I hope you celebrate May Day and treat all your friends and neighbors. The kind act of taking your time to create something beautiful for a friend will brighten their day and make them feel oh so special!
This description from Louisa May Alcott in her book Jack and Jill makes me feel like we really should do this more than once a year! “Such a twanging of bells and rapping of knockers; such a scampering of feet in the dark; such droll collisions as boys came racing round corners, or girls ran into one another’s arms as they crept up and down steps on the sly; such laughing, whistling, flying about of flowers and friendly feeling-it was almost a pity that May-day did not come oftener.”
Have a great Mother’s Day Weekend! I hope you are all spoiled.
LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH!
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.