If you are looking for Helen Keller quotes that inspire, you are in the right place.
These Helen Keller Quotes stir hearts and souls to reconnect. Take a few moments for yourself today as you ponder the words written by this blind/deaf woman born in 1880.
Helen Keller Quotes
- “A dog has never failed me.” – Helen Keller
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
- “More than at any other time, when I hold a beloved book in my hand my limitations fall from me, my spirit is free.” – Helen Keller
- “The world is sown with good; but unless I turn my glad thoughts into practical living and till my own field, I can not reap a kernel of good.” – Helen Keller
- “What we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, For all that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” – Helen Keller
- “No one has a right to consume happiness without producing it.” – Helen Keller
- “The best and most beautiful thing in life is a friendship that springs out of the heart, as fragrances out of the flower.” – Helen Keller
Related: 25 Beautiful Friendship Quotes
- “The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.” – Helen Keller
- “Knowledge is love and light and vision.” – Helen Keller
- “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” – Helen Keller
- “The highest result of education is tolerance.” – Helen Keller
- “What induces a child to learn but his delight in knowing.” – Helen Keller
- “Once I knew only darkness and stillness…my life was without past or future…but a little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness, and my heart leaped to the rapture of living.” – Helen Keller
- “It all comes to this: the simplest way to be happy is to do good.” – Helen Keller
- “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” – Helen Keller
- “Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there’s a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.” – Helen Keller
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”- Hell en Keller
- “While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done, it was done.” – Helen Keller
- “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” – Helen Keller
- “When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. + – Helen Keller
- “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
Related: How To Make Friendship Bracelets
- “Love is like a beautiful flower which I may not touch, but whose fragrance makes the garden a place of delight just the same.” – Helen Keller
- “Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.” – Helen Keller
- “The marvelous richness of human experience would lose something of rewarding joy if there were no limitations to overcome. The hilltop hour would not be half so wonderful if there were no dark valleys to traverse.” – Helen Keller
- “A bend in the road is not the end of the road… unless you fail to make the turn.” – Helen Keller
- “Of all the senses, sight must be the most delightful.” – Helen Keller
- “Believe, when you are most unhappy, that there is something for you to do in the world.” – Helen Keller
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
- “I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is just a touch of yearning at times; but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers.” – Helen Keller
- “Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.” – Helen Keller
- “The most important day I remember in all my life is the one on which my teacher, Anne Mansfield Sullivan, came to me.” – Helen Keller
More about Helen Keller
If you were captivated by these simple, yet profound musings, I encourage you to research more about the life and challenges faced by this incredible and influential human being and her nurse/teacher/companion Annie Sullivan.
How did Helen Keller write a book? How many books did Helen Keller write? Where can I find a list of Helen Keller books? Where was Helen Keller’s birthplace?
Imagine losing your sight, then hearing at the age of 18 months living in Tuscumbia, Alabama in 1880. There were no services available to teach toddlers with these disabilities in 1880. Fast forward four and a half years and you finally start receiving help from someone who also has vision challenges. Together, you and your new nurse/teacher/companion unlock your extremely gifted mind and begin to chronicle your thoughts and experiences in 12 different book and several essays.
This is just a glimpse into the unbelievable life of Helen Keller. Her influence on education for the blind and deaf and ultimately Special Education can be seen today. I will leave you with one more quote straight from her life experiences. May you be challenged and blessed as you read it.
“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through the experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved.” Helen Keller.
Here at Skip to My Lou, I curate and share quotes of all kinds! Let’s face it, sometimes someone else has already thought of a way to say it better, funnier or more clever!
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
What was your favorite Helen Keller quote? Which one did you feel closest to you?