Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Gratitude Quotes: simple, but profound. Gratitude is different from being thankful, but the two are interconnected. Use these Gratitude Quotes as you navigate this season of your life and share them with those around you.
Here at Skip to My Lou, I try to pause in my busy life to take a breath and reflect on the bounty of blessings that surround me. Please know I count you among those blessings. If you get nourishment from Gratitude Quotes, perhaps you would enjoy Gratitude Journal Ideas.
- “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
- “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – Willie Nelson
- “Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” —Voltaire
- “The more grateful I am, the more beauty I see.” – Mary Davis
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” – William Arthur Ward
- “You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” -Albert Schweitzer.
- “Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: It must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all.” – William Faulkner
- “Silent gratitude isn’t very much to anyone.” – Gertrude Stein
- “Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.” – Karl Barth
- “Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.” – Doris Day
- “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” – Germany Kent
- “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.” – Brene Brown
- “I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” – Maya Angelou
- “I can no other answer make, but, thanks, And thanks, and ever thanks.” – William Shakespeare
- “The struggle ends when gratitude begins.” – Neale Donald Walsch
- “If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.” – W. Clement Stone
- “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Find the good and praise it.” – Alex Haley
- “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
- “Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.” -Lionel Hampton
- “Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things like the scent of the rain, the taste of your favorite food, or the sound of a loved one’s voice.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “Gratitude is the ability to experience life as a gift. It liberates us from the prison of self-preoccupation.” – John Ortberg
- “In the end, though, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives. In the end, maybe it’s wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Gratitude makes sense of your past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” ~Melody Beattie
- “The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become.” – Robert Holden
- “What makes gratitude meaningful isn’t the intensity of it but the specificity of it.” – Matt Lundquist
- “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” – G.K. Chesterton
- “Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.” – A.A. Milne
- “The soul that gives thanks can find comfort in everything; the soul that complains can find comfort in nothing.” —Hannah Whitall Smith
- “We need to learn how to want what we have NOT to have what we want in order to get steady and stable Happiness.” ― Dalai Lama XIV, The Art of Happiness
- “Gratitude is healing.It expands your awareness and shifts your focus from something that’s actually hurting you to something that is healing.” ― Deepak Chopra
- “Gratitude opens the door to … the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe.” ― Deepak Chopra
- “Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals. If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
- “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as if nothing is a miracle, and the other is as if everything is a miracle.” ― Albert Einstein
- “In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.”― Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- “No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude.” ― Alfred North Whitehead
Supplies for quotes about gratitude
Do you find yourself needing a dose of positive emotion sometimes? Focusing on the goodness in our life actually attracts more positivity. It only takes a few supplies to have these gratefulness quotes printed and ready to use and share.
Download the grateful quotes pdf.
Print on card stock (your choice of color)
Place around your environment
Share with friends as encouragements or as thank-yous for those who set an example for you
importance of mindfulness gratitude quotes
Why spend time reading quotes about being thankful or appreciating what you have quotes? The short answer is perspective, my friends. The classic glass half empty or glass half full attitude. In my travels and in my work experience, the happiest people I’ve ever met had the least. The least amount of material possessions, the least amount of resources available to use, and yet these people were the most kind, generous and happy people I’d ever encountered. I believe they were honestly thankful grateful blessed every day and felt sorry for those like me who were so blind to my obvious blessings.
It takes practice to develop an attitude where we focus on the goodness in our lives. New skills take repetition and if reading appreciate life quotes can help, do it! Let them be the door through to gratitude.
More Graditude Ideas
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
Leave a Reply