Sunflower quotes remind us that these plain, honest, and upright flowers are like satellite dishes for sunshine. Whether growing in the field or arranged in a vase, sunflowers brighten up their surroundings in a graceful, carefree way. These inspirational sunflower quotes teach us lessons in life like the benefits of seeking positivity and light while avoiding shadows and darkness. Be like the sunflower; wake up and keep looking sunward!
Do you need more inspiration like these sunflower sayings in your life? Try these inspirational quotes from Skip to My Lou for your daily dose of Vitamin I (inspiration.) Self-care is so important and taking time for mindful reflection each day allows you to check-in with yourself. Thank you for stopping by today; it is my hope you will be blessed by these reflections.
- “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It’s what sunflowers do.” – Helen Keller
- “And here the sunflower of the spring burns bright in the morning’s beam.” – Ebenezer Elliott
- “The sunflower is mine, in a way.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “And the yellow sunflower by the brook, in autumn beauty stood.” – William Cullen Bryant
- “Bring me then the plant that points to those bright Lucidites swirling up from the earth, and life itself exhaling that central breath! Bring me the sunflower crazed with the love of light.” – Eugenio Montale
- “The morning glories and the sunflowers turn naturally toward the light, but we have to be taught, it seems.” Richard Rhor
- “True friends are like bright sunflowers that never fade away, even over distance and time.” – Marie Williams Johnstone
- “Sunflowers end up facing the sun, but they go through a lot of dirt to find their way there.” -J.R. Rim
- “The head of all flower heads is one flower; the sunflower in the sky, that gives the others vivid color stemming from the inside.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
- “Then one by one they raised their faces to the sky. Like a field of sunflowers.” – Fiona Valpy
- “Look at its shape, with vibrant yellows and oranges, a sunflower can brighten your day…it’s as if it is smiling like a happy face painted on the sun… so if you do only one thing all day, let it be smile, so you can brighten the day of others around you, just like the sunflower.” – Bodhi Smith
- “If I were a flower… I would be a sunflower. To always follow the sun, turn my back to darkness, stand proud, tall and straight even with my head full of seeds.” – Pam Stewart
- “If roses tried to be sunflowers, they would lose their beauty; and if sunflowers tried to be roses, they would lose their strength.”- Matshona Dhliwayo
- “We’re all golden sunflowers inside.” Allen Ginsberg
- “Her smile put the sunflower to shame.” – Jerry Spinelli
- Never look directly at the sun. Instead, look at the sunflower.” – Vera Nazarioan
- “A sunflower field is lake a sky with a thousand suns.” – Corina Abdulahm-Negura
- “She is a sunflower! She brings hope to people.” – Avijeet Das
- Sunflowers are like people to me.” – Joan Mitchell
- “Light-enchanted sunflower, thou Who gazest ever true and tender On the sun’s revolving splendour.” – Pedro Calderon de la Barca
- “The flower that follows the sun does so even in cloudy days.” – Robert Leighton
- ” The road to freedom is bordered with sunflowers.” – Martin Firrel
- “I plant sunflowers and get back daily joy.” – Nadine Locke
- “Who knows what may lie around the next corner? There may be a window somewhere ahead. It may look out on a field of sunflowers.” – Joe Hill
- “Make it like a sunflower.” Steve Jobs
- “Her heart bloomed sunflowers so she would always face the light.” – Gemma Troy
- “Fame is the scentless sunflower, with gaudy crown of gold: But friendship is the breathing rose, with sweets in every fold.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “Turn your face to the sun, and shadows follow behind you.” – Maori Proverb
- “The sunflower is a favorite emblem of constancy.” – Thomas Bulfinch
- “I am working with the enthusiasm of a man from Marseilles eating bouillabaisse, which shouldn’t come as a surprise to you because I am busy painting huge sunflowers.” – Vincent Van Gogh
My dear friend enjoys growing sunflowers in her garden each year. Like happy people, her flowers find the sun. In the morning, the sunflower blossoms face the East. The sunlight, no matter how weak, the flower blossoms gracefully follow all growing seasons. She harvests a bounty of seeds from each flower; some will feed the birds and others will be returned to the earth next season. Vincent Van Gogh’s fascination with sunflowers helped the world appreciate the beauty and vitality of this golden yellow beauty. I’ve never grown sunflowers, but have enjoyed learning to paint them.
Do you garden or paint sunflowers? Have you enjoyed these sunflower quotes, short but profound? Whether you are a hipster or a hippie, sunflower quotes like these will brighten your day! Let me know what other topics you would like to read about!
All Things sunflower!
Make someone’s day bright and sunny with a thoughtfully put together care package. Printable tags make it easy!