This Floret Stitch Crochet Dishcloth pattern is the perfect way to practice the double crochet stitch. It works up quickly and makes a great gift for a friend. You will want to make one for your own kitchen too.
What about making a matching crochet sponge?
Here is what you will need:
- Cotton yarn
- Crochet Hook H/ 5mm hook
- Yarn Needle
Terminology/ stitch abbreviations:
- Slip stitch→sl st
- Single crochet→sc
- Double crochet→dc
- Work the pattern between * and *, then repeat the pattern x more times→*…* x times important for this project
Floret Crochet Dishcloth Pattern (Easy)
Ch36, start in the 4th ch from the hook.
Row 1: 33 dc across, ch1✧, turn (33 sts).
Row 2: *sl st, dc* 15 times, sl st, ch3✧, turn (33 sts).
Row 3: 33dc across, ch1✧, and turn (33 sts) – work the 33dcs into the sl sts and dcs across.
Repeat row 2 and 3 until row 19 or until your cloth reaches your desired length. Fasten off and weave in the ends.
Optional: add a sc edge or a loop for hanging or just leave it as is. You are all done with your brand new dishcloth!
Important for this project and extras:
✧Do not count ch3 or ch1 as sts – but if you want to create a straight edge, do count chs as sts (ch1=sl st, ch3=dc) and start the next row at its 2nd st.
Want a printable version of this pattern with more styles, ideas, and tips? You will find it in my shop.
Want to make it bigger? Just increase your number of chs and adjust the rows accordingly.-
Want to add a loop for hanging? Don’t fasten off or connect yarn anywhere you like, ch15 (or any desired length), and sl st in the same st, then fasten off.
Grab a printable version of this pattern in my shop.
My Favorite Crochet Tools
- If you are like me and like to crochet on the go this tote is a stylish way to keep everything you need at your fingertips!
- My MOST FAVORITE tool is these portable scissors that always make it through security and fit perfectly in my hook case.
- A️ yarn bowl is a beautiful way to wrangle yarn while crocheting
- Keep organized with this crochet hooks kit with a case. This 85-piece kit has over 2,500 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ five-star reviews.
- Crochet Stitch Dictionary: 200 Essential Stitches with Step-by-Step Photos is the most helpful resource to keep handy!
Easy Crochet Projects For you:
- Crochet Sweater Patterns For Everyone
- Crochet Star
- Crochet Wreath Ornament
- Crochet Stitches
- Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Patterns
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
Once you get the hang of this easy crochet dishcloth how about trying one of these free crochet patterns?