This is the BEST crochet dishcloth pattern because the way it is stitched it makes it own scalloped edge. Whip up this quick and easy crochet dishcloth pattern in minutes.
Crochet dishcloths make great gifts. Not only do they really work great they make up very quickly. They are the perfect project to have around while watching TV, or for in the car during kid pick up time.
Crochet Dishcloth Supplies
I used this simple pattern that makes a nice scalloped border without having to crochet around the edge.
Hook Size G
Sugar ‘N’ Cream 4-ply Worsted Weight Cotton Yarn (less than 2oz)
Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
ROW 1: Ch 40, (dc, ch 2, sc) in 4th ch from hook. * skip next 3 chs, (2dc, ch 2, sc) in next ch. Rep from * across.
ROWS 2-18: Ch 2, turn. (Dc, ch 2, sc) in next ch 2 sp. (2 dc, ch 2, sc) in each rem ch 2 sp. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
pattern credit crochet n more
Package with a nice ribbon and you a really useful gift!
After you make this dish cloth you might like to make this beautiful Granny Square dishcloth.
What is the best yarn to use for a crochet dishcloth?
The best yarn for dishcloths is cotton. For my dishcloths, I used Sugar ‘N’ Cream. Blended cottons will work too. Cotton and soy blends are softer than 100% cotton. You just need to ensure that the yarn blend is mostly cotton. This will make it absorbent.
What crochet hook do I need to make a dishcloth?
For this crochet dishcloth, I used a crochet hook size G. Depending on how you crochet (loose or tight) and the pattern you choose you can use US size H, I or J.
If you prefer a sponge in your kitchen you might like this crochet sponge.
My Favorite Crochet Tools
- If you are like me and like to crochet on the go this tote is a stylish way to keep everything you need at your fingertips!
- My MOST FAVORITE tool is these portable scissors that always make it through security and fit perfectly in my hook case.
- A️ yarn bowl is a beautiful way to wrangle yarn while crocheting
- Keep organized with this crochet hooks kit with a case. This 85-piece kit has over 2,500 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ five-star reviews.
- Crochet Stitch Dictionary: 200 Essential Stitches with Step-by-Step Photos is the most helpful resource to keep handy!
Easy Crochet Projects For you:
- Crochet Sweater Patterns For Everyone
- Crochet Star
- Crochet Wreath Ornament
- Crochet Stitches
- Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Patterns
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
I hope you loved these free crochet dishcloth patterns. They all use easy crochet stitches so they are perfect for a beginner. You might also want to try this crochet dishcloth pattern.
Don’t forget to check out other handmade gift ideas.