Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
This little DIY crochet sponge whips up in no time and will add a bit of color to your friend’s kitchen! I love giving useful handmade gifts! How about you?
It is popular to make and give crochet dishcloths so I think this is the perfect twist for something new for the kitchen.
Stitch up a few crochet sponges and add an amazing soap or countertop spray for an extra special gift.
Supplies for Crochet Sponge
- Lily’s Sugar ‘n Cream Twists yarn, 100% cotton
- size G (4.5 mm) crochet hook
- yarn needle
Grab some yarn and a hook and in no time at all, you will have a bunch of homemade gifts!
How to make a crochet sponge
Front of Sponge
Row 1 (right side rows): Sc in 2nd ch from hook, & in ea ch across: 12 sc.
Row 2 Ch 1, turn. * Sc in next sc, tr in next sc, sc in next sc, tr in next sc. Rep
from * once more, sc in last sc: 6 sc & 5 tr made.
Row 3 Ch 1, turn. Sc in ea sc & tr across (11 sc)
Alternate row 2 and 3 until the sponge is desired size ending with a row of single crochet. I did 15 rows.
Back of Sponge
Row 1 (right side row): Sc in 2nd ch from hook, & in ea ch across: 11 sc.
Row 2 Ch 1, turn. Sc in ea sc across. Repeat row 2 until the back is the same size as the front (16 rows for me) Do not end off.
Holding wrong sides together, Working from the front of sponge ch 1. Sc along all 4 sides of sponge, working 3 sc in ea corner. Join with a sl st to 1st sc.
This pattern has been adapted from Anastacia Knit Designs
Download a handy printable pattern of the crochet sponge from my shop.
How to Wrap Up Your Crochet Dishcloth
Once you have stitched up the perfect handmade gift, wrap it up extra cute. I found these darling red berry baskets and embellishments at Michaels. So many clever things. I folded the doily over the side of the berry basket and secured with tape from a tape roller. Then I added a 3-dimensional sticker to the front.
There you have a cute and useful handmade gift made especially for someone special by you!
My Favorite Crochet Tools
- If you are like me and like to crochet on the go this tote is a stylish way to keep everything you need at your fingertips!
- My MOST FAVORITE tool is these portable scissors that always make it through security and fit perfectly in my hook case.
- A️ yarn bowl is a beautiful way to wrangle yarn while crocheting
- Keep organized with this crochet hooks kit with a case. This 85-piece kit has over 2,500 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ five-star reviews.
- Crochet Stitch Dictionary: 200 Essential Stitches with Step-by-Step Photos is the most helpful resource to keep handy!
Here are more patterns for your kitchen
- I especially love this granny square dishcloth pattern.
- Floret Stitch Crochet Dishcloth
- Scalloped Edge Dishcloth
Cindy Hopper says
Yes, you may sell them. I hope you are able to bless your family with your handiwork.
Thanks for the pattern! Am I able to sell finished projects?
Thank you for the pattern! Am I able to sell finished products?
film izle says
Very neat blog.Thanks Again. Really Great. Delmar Bostwick
What a fun & cute idea!! I am excited to give them a try! Thanks for sharing this!
I love these little sponges! The pattern is so simple that even I can get it right with my limited crochet skills. Thank you!