After watching Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse we were inspired to have some family adventures and make wonderful memories! If you have a super hero loving family they are sure to love these exciting family adventure ideas.
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is a family friendly movie for all ages. A plus for families with a large range of ages like mine! You’ll love messages about friendship, courage, perseverance, teamwork, and responsibility. The importance of family runs through the entire movie, and after watching we were inspired to have our own adventure and bring our family together.
If you are looking for fun ways to spend time together make a Family Adventure Jar. A jar filled with loads of family activities that can be enjoyed by all will make you always ready for your next adventure. You’ll notice small ways to be a hero in the community just like Spider-Man. We all can be an “everyday hero” with these activities.
- Go indoor wall climbing, just like Spider-Man!
- Take a hike
- Participate in a city scavenger hunt
- Cook dinner together
- Take dinner to a friend in need
- Be a hero and do a chore for a neighbor
- Volunteer at a local charity
- Learn a new hobby (painting, woodworking, etc)
- Build something together (birdhouse, Adirondack chair)
- Bake up a sweet treat
- Make a fitness challenge
- Participate in a local run/walk for charity
- Play laser tag
- Read a book aloud together
- Put together a puzzle
- Play a new board game
- Do something nice for a family member
- Visit an amusement park
- Visit a local attraction
- Learn your city’s history
- Visit a museum
- Learn your family’s genealogy and make a family tree
- Take neighbors a treat
- Take lessons together (golf, scuba diving, painting etc)
- Make a care package for a faraway friend or relative
- Be a bold traveler like Gwen and plan a family vacation
- Make a family mission statement
- Try a new restaurant with cuisine you wouldn’t normally eat
- Make family goals
- Send thinking of you cards to friends and family
- Host a game night with another family
- Take a road trip
- Do a random (anonymous) act of kindness, inspired by Miles
- Visit the tallest building in your city
- Go Camping (even if it is in the backyard)
- Cook S’mores over a fire
- Go to a local outdoor concert
- Learn to use a compass and go geocaching
- Have a picnic
- Have a Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse movie night
- Visit a senior center
- Have a lemonade stand and donate the money to a charity
- Stay at a local hotel overnight
- Go fishing
- Visit an animal shelter
- Go to the zoo
- Have a family slumber party
- Go through baby photos
- Visit the library
- Plant a garden
- Make a family music video inspired by the movie
- Play Hide and Seek
How to make a family adventure jar
Download the printable family adventure activities and the family adventure bucket list. Print in color on white cardstock. Print the family adventure list on a solid sheet of label paper. If you can’t find label paper, print on regular copy paper and use a glue stick to attach to the jar.
- download —>Family Adventure Activities (print on cardstock)
- download —>Family Adventure Bucket List (print on cardstock)
- download —>Family Adventure Labels (print on label paper)
Cut the activities into strips and also cut out the labels.
Grab a pint canning jar and paint the lid if you like. We used an enamel acrylic paint found at craft stores. Place the instruction label on the lid.
Place the activities in the jar and you are ready for adventure!
The activities are color coded so you can direct your child to choose an activity for the amount of time you have. Place the key on the back of the jar or include it inside as a reminder:
- Yellow | 1 – 2 hours
- Red | 3 – 4 hours
- Blue | 5 – 6 hours
- Green | weekend or overnight
First up for my family was to go wall climbing just like Spider-Man.
We had a blast. Clearly, our next adventure will be to set a physical challenge so mom can get up the wall. I loved the opportunity for our kids to see us trying new things.
We placed our Family Adventure Bucket List on our refrigerator and are ready for our next challenge!
And ready to spend more special times together!
This little jar is filled with the potential to build a stronger family that knows the power of teamwork, cooperation and has the power to make a difference in their world.
Everything you say and do creates an impact!