Ready for a quick and delicious meal in the Instant Pot? Try my easy Pressure Cooker Chili! The pressure cooker can make your mealtime a snap!
Doesn’t making a delicious Instant Pot chili recipe in about 10 minutes sound great?
This Instant Pot chili recipe is allergy friendly! You won’t find any gluten or hidden soy because it doesn’t use pre-packaged spices. Be sure to check the labels on the beans, broth, and tomato sauce to make sure they meet your dietary needs.
If you have been following along, you know I have EoE. I have been avoiding wheat, eggs, soy, nuts, fish, and dairy. I am using my pressure cooker to make cooking allergy-friendly quick and easy.
With all these Instant Pot Recipes in your arsenal, you will always be able to make up yummy meals in minutes!
Easy Chili Recipe
I can’t say enough about how the pressure cooker has made mealtime a breeze. Sometimes I don’t plan ahead and have all day for the slow cooker.
However, you could also easily throw this easy chili recipe into a crockpot or cook it on the stove, stirring occasionally. The beauty of a pressure cooker is that the cooking time is only 20 minutes. It tastes like it has been cooked all day!
Pressure Cooker Chili Ingredients
Instant Pot Chili has all the usual ingredients.
- cloves of garlic
- ground beef
- chili powder
- beef or chicken broth
- can of kidney beans
- can of chili beans
- tomato sauce
- diced tomatoes
Let’s Start Cooking!
You will have homemade chili in minutes!
- Set the pressure cooker to sauté.
- Brown ground beef directly in the pressure cooker pot, then drain.
- Lightly season the ground beef while cooking with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the onions and garlic to the ground beef and cook until the onions are translucent and softened.
- Place the rest of the ingredients into the pressure cooker.
- Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
That’s it! You are going to love this pressure cooker chili recipe!
Pressure Cooker Chili
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup beef or chicken broth
- 1 about 15 ounce can of kidney beans
- 1 about 15 ounce can chili beans
- 1 can 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 – 28 oz can diced tomatoes undrained (or 2 – 14.5 ounce cans)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Set the pressure cooker to sauté. Brown ground beef in the pressure cooker pot, drain. I lightly season the ground beef while cooking with a little salt and pepper. Add the onions and garlic to the ground beef and cook until onions are translucent and softened. Place the rest of the ingredients into the pressure cooker. Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes in an electric pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Chili Recipe Tips
- If you don’t have dietary limitations, I would serve this chili with the world’s best cornbread.
- If you are looking to cut a few calories and fat, try ground turkey.
- We sometimes change it up and use black beans instead of kidney beans. I do believe the chili beans are a must for this homemade chili.
- Omit the cayenne for a perfectly kid-friendly, mild chili that’s not spicy.
- Or, make it hotter with extra cayenne and chili powder – or a little hot sauce at the table so everyone’s happy.
- We like our chili with toppings like cheddar cheese, sour cream, green onions or chives, and cilantro. Crackers or tortilla chips are both delicious with it.
- Lean ground beef makes a less greasy chili, or try ground turkey or a vegetarian version instead.
- Like most of my soup recipes, pressure cooker chili reheats and freezes beautifully! Seal it up and keep it in the refrigerator for three days, or freeze it for up to two months.
- The larger your pressure cooker, the bigger the batch! Got a large pot? Double the recipe for a potluck.
Easy Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Recipes
- Hearty soups are a winter staple around our house. There are so many main dish possibilities with an instant pot. Many of them take only a little time to assemble from scratch! Let the pot do the work! Are you hungry for more quick soup ideas? Check out my Pressure Cooker Taco Soup!
- This Pressure Cooker Red Lentil Soup is the ultimate comfort food. Hearty, healthy, and oh so easy. Best of all, it’s specially created to be allergy friendly.
- If you love your instant pot, these Instant Pot Recipes will keep you stocked with delicious dinner options year-round.
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes just set up the pot, peel the potatoes add a few ingredients and in 15 minutes you with be mashing these Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes!
- Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings you will love that you can have dinner on the table in less than 20 mins from start to finish and it is sure to delight the entire family.
- Pressure Cooker Sloppy Joes are an easy and quick weeknight meal your kids are sure to love.
- Instant Pot Goulash EASY & DELISH n about 20 minutes you can have this delicious, dairy-free, and gluten-free dinner on the table.
- If you like sweet and savory meals this pressure Pressure Cooker Hawaiian Chicken is for you.
Have you got a favorite pressure cooker recipe to share? Please leave a comment and share your favorite recipes and tricks!