This chocolate chip cookie dough gift is a great way to give a friend a sweet treat that they don’t have to eat right away. They can keep it in their freezer and save for the perfect time! Darling printable labels help you wrap it up in style.
Putting it together is easy and it helps you too because you can make it ahead and put it in your freezer until you are ready to give. You probably already have your favorite recipe but if you don’t, this if my family’s favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Cookie Dough Gift Supplies
- cookie dough
- freezer paper
- twine or ribbon
- printable labels
- clear tape or glue stick
- copy paper
How to Wrap Up Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Purchase and download the labels and print in color on heavyweight copy paper (not cardstock). Cut out the labels.
- Divide a batch of cookie dough in half. Shape the dough into a long log shape.
- Tightly wrap the log of dough in plastic wrap.
- Roll the plastic wrap covered cookie dough in freezer paper. Gather at each end and tie with ribbon or twine.
- Wrap the label about the center of the log and fasten it with clear tape or glue.
If giving for Christmas add the Merry Christmas tag if you like.
Looking for more edible gift ideas with matching labels? Please check out my Gifts From the Kitchen ebook. You will get the above chocolate chip cookie dough labels along with five more yummy recipes all for $6.95.
If you love to eat homemade cookie dough have you tried my Monster Cookie Dough recipe? This edible cookie dough is safe to eat without baking. It too could make a cute gift by packaging into a little jar and letting the recipients know to keep it stored in the refrigerator. (They won’t have it long! It is sooo good)
Homemade Gift Ideas
Here are some great gifts for a foodie!
- Oven Mitt Pattern
- Easy Holiday Apron
- Tea Towel Apron
- Kid’s Chef Hat
- Child’s Apron
- Simple Apron Tutorial
- Apron Iron-On (you will also see an iron-on for teacher tote and a cute gift tag for baked goods)
Cindy Hopper combines a BFA in Art Education along with the practical experience of raising children to share simple crafts for kids, DIY projects, holiday inspiration, recipes, printables and approachable ideas for simple and happy living. Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to get crafty ideas, recipes, sewing tutorials and more delivered right to your inbox. Follow Skip to My Lou on FB to find out the latest news! Join me at Pinterest and Instagram for an extra dose of fun!