How to Draw a Car step by step makes car drawing easy! With a few basic supplies, 10 minutes, and these simple steps you can create this car!
Don’t forget to check out things to draw on Skip to my Lou! You can have a lot of fun with these easy drawing tutorials.
How To Draw A Car Supplies
Just a few supplies you probably already have and you’re good to get started on this simple car drawing.
- colored pens and pencils
- circles to trace for car wheels: spice jar lids, milk jug lids, etc.
How to Draw a Car Easy!
The instructions and illustrated images will show you how to draw an easy car from start to finish. Follow these easy steps to reach the finish line!
- Using your pencil and ruler, toward the bottom of your paper draw a rectangle. You will erase the corners later, so draw with a light touch. Trace circles for wheels. Position circles so half the circle is inside the rectangle and half is below the rectangle. Draw the front wheel farther inside the rectangle than the back wheel.
- With your ruler, draw a straight line up and down behind the front tire. Then draw a curved line from bottom to top starting in front of the back tire. To create the windows and roof of the car, use the ruler to draw a slanted windshield, straight roof and slightly slanted rear windshield. Start these lines even with the first lines you drew in this step. Finish by drawing parallel lines around these lines. Use your ruler!
- Starting on the left side of the car, use curved lines to round off the sharp corners all the way around the outline of the car and on the inside of the car windows as shown in the drawing. Add small circles in the middle of the wheels and draw a sideways U on the front bumper.
- In this step you will erase the extra lines made with the ruler. Add a headlight, rear view mirror, 2 door handles and a taillight.
- Use markers to color your car any way you want! Use different sized rectangles to create different vehicle profiles. Now you know the basics for drawing a car, you can create a whole fleet!
my favorite drawing supplies
- Sketching Pencils
- Kneaded Rubber Eraser
- Sketch Pad
- Erasable Colored Pencils
- Fine markers
- Sketch and Drawing Art Pencil Set
- Artist drawing set (This is great for new and experienced artists. It’s also something I give as a gift.)
Easy car Drawing Video
More Crafts, games and Coloring pages
Now that you have learned to draw this car try these coloring pages, crafts or games. They are easy to make and fun to do.