I had you at Tea Towel and Bottle Bag, right? Christmas embroidery projects don’t get any better than my Machine Embroidered Bottle Bag from a Tea Towel! You will be making spirits bright in no time!
Related: Need more gift ideas? Take a look at A Sketchy Christmas Tea Towel Tutorial for the machine for lots of ideas and Joy Tea Towel for a darling embroidery wreath project.
Christmas wine bags are such a thoughtful gift to give the host or hostess at holiday parties. (I have actually used wine gift bags to wrap gifts like stainless steel tumblers!) So, look for some festive kitchen towels, download my hoop machine embroidery design and have fun!
This article contains affiliate links.
DIY Tea Towel Bottle Bag Supplies
- tea towel (these are the ones I used)
- embroidery sewing machine
- tear away stabilizer
- machine embroidery thread
- cutting mat
- rotary cutter
- free “We Wish You a Merry Christmas” machine embroidery file
I used these same tea towels for my monogrammed wreath holiday towels for a fun and useful Christmas gift.
How to Make
My towels were washed and dried for another project. Since the finished bottle bag will probably never be washed this is not necessary. However, if you don’t the sizing will be slightly different than mine.
METHOD 1 (back Seam in the bag)
- Cut towel in half
- Download the file and upload it to your embroidery machine.
- Hoop the towel with a tear-away stabilizer.
- I had to cut off the bottom finished edge of the towel to remove the bulk (not shown). Fold the towel in half and sew along the side and bottom.
- Pinch the bottom corners and sew along the corner to box the corner.
- Clip corners and turn inside out.
METHOD 2 (Seam on the side of the bag)
- Bring each side of the towel to the center (DO NOT CUT). Make placement of the design. When marking where the design should go remember to take into account the side seam to find the middle of each half.
- Stitch design on each side.
- Now cut apart the towel and continue with step 5.
Press. Add your favorite bottled beverage and you had a darling gift.
Before you Sew
Thank you for taking a peek at my sweet tea towel bottle bag project today! Before you start sewing, here are more projects you will love! Please leave me a comment below letting me know how yours turned out!
- In the Hoop Machine Embroidery Designs is loaded with great gift ideas like a hand sanitizer holder, sunglasses case, lace zippered bag, and gift card holder!
- The Best Teacher Ever Tea Towel Projects are machine embroidery projects for any teachers on your Christmas List! They will LOVE these!
- Christmas Pot Holder Towels Craft combines your Cricut and your machine to make a darling and useful potholder for the bakers and cooks on your list!
- Hot off the presses is my Sewing Crafts for Christmas with loads of ideas like Christmas Stockings, Christmas Tree Skirts, and ornaments, to name a few!
- Did you know you can print on burlap? Here is another DIY Holiday Bottle Bag.
- Give a bottle of your favorite beverage for the New Year with these free printable New Year Gift Tags.