21 questions game is a fun and exciting way to get to know a new friend, a group of people, or even a first date. The game is easy and it is a great ice-breaker for all sorts of situations.
Are you planning a game night, or need another ice-breaker you might also try playing Would You Rather. This game will get everyone laughing.
How Do You Play 21 Questions?
The rules of the game are as easy as it sounds, you simply ask 21 get to know you questions and then answer 21 questions in return. However, the format has some options depending on how many are playing.
Group Format: When playing with a group of people, it is best to start by sitting in a circle.
- Choose who will be the target–they have to answer 21 questions.
- Each person will ask a question as you go around the circle.
- After the target has answered all 21 questions, a new target is selected.
Two Person Format: This is great for a date night, or just trying to get to know another person better.
- Sit directly across from each other.
- Each person can alternate asking questions, or
- Each person can ask 5-10 questions in a row and then alternate.
Tips For Playing 21 Questions Game
Ideas For 21 Questions
The hardest part can be coming up with 21 questions to ask someone, so I have created a fun list of family-friendly questions to help get you started and to help get your creativity flowing. You can even print cards for free.
- What is your favorite holiday?
- What was your favorite TV show as a child?
- Which of your family members do you think would be most likely to survive a zombie apocalypse?
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
- What bad habit is a deal breaker on a first date?
- What flavor of ice cream could you remove permanently from every menu?
- What is your favorite color of cars?
- What’s your dream road trip destination?
- What is your favorite game to watch from the stands?
- What is your favorite way to spend a Sunday?
- What fun games did you play growing up?
- If you had a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would buy?
- What is your favorite food to eat from a food truck?
- What is your go-to topic for small talk?
- Where would travel to if money wasn’t an issue?
- What meal could you eat every single week for the rest of your life?
- What famous person would you like to have a conversation with?
- If you could spend a summer touring with a band, who would it be?
- What’s one of the most fun childhood memories you have?
- What’s your favorite season of the year?
- If you had to guess what people appreciate about you the most, what would you say?
Free Printable 21 Questions Game Cards
I have made it super easy to play by making printable game cards. Download the 21 Questions PDF, print in color on white card stock. Cut the cards apart.
What is The Difference Between 21 QuestioNs Game and 20 Questions?
In 20 Questions, people take turns asking questions to guess what an object is. In 21 Questions, questions are asked to get to know a person better.
Let’s Keep in Touch
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.