Last night we had some great friends over for dinner! We served this stuffed pork loin recipe with roasted red pepper, bacon, cream cheese and spinach alongside roasted asparagus.
You will be ready to sign up to compete on a cooking show after you realize how easy it is to prepare this amazing stuffed pork loin recipe! Just follow the step-by-step instructions below and get ready to impress yourself!
Gather these ingredients and tools
These ingredients are easy to find, just make sure to pick up some kitchen twine or butcher’s string to secure the stuffed pork loin before baking.
- sharp knife
- cutting board
- meat mallet
- roasting pan
- pork loin
- cream cheese
- Italian seasoning
- baby spinach
- bacon, cooked and chopped
- roasted red peppers
- meat thermometer
- baking tray
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper (optional)
Let’s make my Stuffed Pork Loin Recipe
Approximately a 4 pound pork loin
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 cup fresh baby spinach
6 slice(s) bacon, cooked and chopped
12 oz (or larger jar) roasted red pepper drained
- Butterfly pork loin.
2. Cut down the center without cutting through the pork and open it up like a book.
3. Pound to an even thickness.
4. Spread softened cream cheese over pork.
5. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Top with spinach, chopped bacon, and roasted red peppers.
6. Roll up pork like a cylinder. Secure with butcher string at 2 inch intervals.
7. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season pork with kosher salt. Place pork, seam side down, on a lightly greased cooking sheet or rack.
8. Bake at 425 degrees for 30 – 45 minutes or until it registers an internal temperature of 155 degrees. Let stand 15 minutes.
9. Remove string and slice pork. Serve.
Let’s make Roasted Asparagus
Wash and trim asparagus, dry. Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Place single layer on a baking pan. Cook at 425 degrees for about 7 minutes– until just crisp tender.
Substitutions and Suggestions
You could make this dish with pork tenderloin and have a stuffed pork tenderloin recipe in your repertoire!
Pro-tip: quickly sear your pork loin roast on all sides in a skillet on medium-high heat to create that beautiful brown crust on the outside before cooking it in the oven.
You can get creative with your stuffing choices, too! You could make a mixture of cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, Dijon mustard, sauteed onions and garlic can create a different flavor profile you could try next time.
If there are any leftovers, store them in an airtight container and enjoy within 5 days.
Before you go
Thank you for stopping by today. Please check out more delicious recipes, comment and let me know how your family liked this one!
I’ve got more pork recipes to share, so check these out and leave me a comment to let me know how your stuffed pork loin tasted!