Peach Dump Cake has it all! Easy prep, a few simple ingredients, very little clean up, AND the flavor and taste of a dessert that took hours to prepare!
WATCH VIDEO AND LEARN HOW TO MAKE Peach Dump Cake
Looking for an easy dessert with super-fast prep time? Searching for a dessert with the flavor and taste of something you remember from childhood? I’ve got a winner for you with this easy peach cobbler with cake mix. Also called a dump cake or cake mix cobbler. Super simple ingredients and you can use your imagination to create variations on this theme. Simply layer fruit, spices, cake mix, and on top of the cake mix add butter.
Peach Dump Cake INGREDIENTS
You will need to make this recipe
- Can of peaches
- Yellow cake mix
- Ground cinnamon
- 9×13 baking dish
- Cooking spray
SUBSTITUTIONS OR ADDITIONS
No canned peaches on hand? You can use peach pie filling if you have that!
You can follow these instructions and change a few ingredients to make a cherry dump cake by using a 29-ounce can of cherry pie filling instead of sliced peaches in heavy syrup.
HOW TO MAKE Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
- Preheat oven, prepare baking dish with cooking spray. Drain sliced peaches. Pour into baking dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the top of the peaches. Some people use spices like nutmeg, too. It is always okay to do what you like best.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of the peaches and spices. And on top of the cake mixture, add the pats of butter.
- Bake until golden brown.
Serving and Storage
Serve this easy dessert recipe while still warm from the oven. A scoop of vanilla ice cream is the perfect companion for this easy peach dump cake recipe.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave.
If you don’t have an airtight container, a sheet of aluminum foil pressed carefully around the edges of the baking pan will work, too.
Peach Dump Cake
- 58 ounces sliced peaches in syrup 2 x 29-ounce cans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Box vanilla cake mix
- ¾ cup butter frozen and then grated (or cut into about 24 slices)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Dump one can of peaches into the baking dish. Drain the liquid from the other can and add the peaches to the baking dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon evenly over the peaches.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the peaches.
- Sprinkle the frozen sliced or grated butter evenly over the cake mix. Do not stir.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes until the top is golden brown
More Things to Try
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my Peach Dump Cake as much as my family and I do. Here are some more things I’d love for you to look at!