No bake cookies are such a time saver and are easy to make for any event. Try this quick stove top Chocolate and Peanut Butter No Bake Cookie recipe! You’ll love the wholesome goodness of chocolate, peanut butter and oatmeal in this cookie.
When you think about it there are so many varieties that people enjoy, for instance you might like my Peanut Butter and Corn Chip No Bake Cookies. For those who need to avoid gluten, you might enjoy my gluten free Chocolate No-Bake Cookies.
My family enjoys no bake cookies so much that just yesterday my son begged for them. So what else could I do except pull out my family’s tried and true recipe. Just like my son these cookies have been a long time favorite of mine because my mom and grandma made them for me.
This treat is one of the first desserts many learn to make because it is simple and quick to make. While it is a sweet treat it also provides nutrients your body needs such as fiber and protein from the whole rolled oats and peanut butter. Thus the reason for their wholesomeness.
What do you need for this sweet and “healthy” No Bake Cookie?
You might recognize that the majority of ingredients used in this recipe make up the base for many cookies and desserts.
No bake Cookie base
- Sugar: As noted previously, sugar is a base component to most cookies adding the sweetness we all love.
- Cocoa powder: There are so many varieties of cocoa powder that you can use in this recipe, one I like to use is Nestle Toll House Cocoa Powder.
- A stick fo butter (1/2 cup): I prefer to use unsalted butter since additional salt will be added.
- Kosher salt: The reason I use Kosher salt is because it is not as salty as table salt.
- Milk: Milk and butter help create the creamy sauce that will be coating the oats.
no bake cookie Add-ins
- Peanut butter: Creamy peanut butter works best in this recipe, but if you can use crunch]y peanut butter if you prefer.
- Vanilla extract: When making a chocolate sauce vanilla extract can enhance the chocolate flavor while smoothing out the bitters of the cocoa.
- Old-fashioned rolled oats: Use old-fashioned rolled oats because they are a larger grain and hold their form when coated.
- Waxed paper or parchment paper: Drop by the cookies mixture by teaspoon fulls onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper. The wax and parchment papers provide a non-stick surface that you can easily remove the cookies from once set.
Sugar Free No Bake Cookies: Many people have special diets that limit sugar in take. To make these cookies sugar free use a granulated sugar substitute like Swerve instead of sugar.
Dairy Free No Bake Cookies: If you would like to make dairy free no bake cookies substitute coconut milk and oil for the milk and butter. The same measurements would be used when substituting nondairy products for dairy products.
Do you have a favorite recipe? Take a look at mine.
For another easy no-bake recipe try these peanut butter chocolate crunch treats!
Want even more recipes or DIY projects?
CHOCOLATE, OATMEAL AND PEANUT BUTTER NO BAKE COOKIE RECIPE
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
In a heavy saucepan mix the sugar, cocoa, butter, salt and milk over medium heat until combined.
Bring the mixture to a boil and let boil fro 1 minute.
Remove the pan from the heat and quickly add peanut peanut butter stirring until just combined.
Next stir in vanilla and oatmeal until oat is completely coated.
Drop mixture by the teaspoonful onto a cookie sheet lined with a sheet of waxed paper.
Allow cookies to cool. Once the cookies are cool they will harden.
This cookie recipe can be modified to be sugar free and dairy free. To make it sugar free use a granulated sugar substitute instead of sugar. For dairy free substitute coconut milk and oil for the milk and butter.