Kindness Rocks! Have you heard about The Kindness Rocks Project? This amazing initiative was started by Megan Murphy to spread a moment of kindness for unsuspecting recipients through randomly placed inspirational rocks. This grassroots effort is spreading kindness one rock at a time! If you love painted rocks don’t miss all these rock painting ideas.
Learn more aboutThe Kindness Rocks Project
Who would of thought that one tiny little rock, one random act of kindness could help people connect and make a huge difference in our world.
The Kindness Rocks Project has two goals!
- Inspire others through randomly placed rocks along the way…
- Recruit every person who stumbles upon it to join in the pursuit of inspiring others through random acts of kindness.
So how can you get involved in The Kindness Rocks Project?
It is simple! Paint inspirational rocks or find other creative ways to bring kindness into the world!
- If you want to paint a rock it is as simple as preparing the rocks by spraying or painting them with non-toxic paint. This prepares the rock surface for your artwork.
- Next use oil base Sharpie paint pens to create your artwork. You can also try Prismacolor Premier non toxic duel tip markers for lettering.
- Be sure to add #thekindnessrocksproject to the back of your rock so people can share pictures of the rocks they find.
- Finally, seal your rock with a sealant (like Mod Podge Outdoor Sealant) to protect your rock from the elements.
Do you have Kindness Rocks in your area?
I was thrilled to see my area has 758 rocks! They have a cool map that shows you where all the rocks are. Be sure to add a marker for your very special rocks!
I changed it up a bit and wrapped my rocks with inspirational metal message bands. All it took was some 24 gauge wire, rocks and the metal message bands.
Fasten the message band onto the rock by wrapping the wire around the rock in a figure eight. The back will look like this…..
Place them along a path to brighten someone’s day!
Hopefully this little random act of kindness with show people they are loved and cared for. What an amazing way for us each to connect. Isn’t that what we need?
Kindness is truly contagious… Please join us! Won’t you?
Here is another Random Act of Kindness Idea. Print these free compliment sheets.