Make Amazing Gifts! Let me take the stress out of Holiday gift giving. Learn More
Kindness Rocks! Have you heard about The Kindness Rocks Project? This special project spreads happiness by leaving beautifully painted rocks with designs and or inspiring quotes for people to unexpectedly find.
If you love painted rocks don’t miss all these rock painting ideas.
Learn more about The Kindness Rocks Project
What is the kindness rocks project?
This amazing initiative was started by Megan Murphy to spread a moment of kindness for unsuspecting recipients through randomly placed inspirational rocks. She started leaving rocks in her local Cape Cod neighborhood and encouraged others to leave rocks in National forests and National parks, woods, and parks. This grassroots effort is spreading kindness one rock at a time!
Who would have thought that one tiny little rock, one random act of kindness could help people connect and make a huge difference in our world?
The Kindness Rocks Project has two goals!
- Inspire others through randomly placed rocks along the way…
- Recruit every person who stumbles upon it to join in the pursuit of inspiring others through random acts of kindness.
So how can you get involved in The Kindness Rocks Project?
It is simple! Paint inspirational rocks or find other creative ways to bring kindness into the world!
- If you want to paint a rock it is as simple as preparing the rocks by spraying or painting them with non-toxic paint. This prepares the rock surface for your artwork. River rocks work great because they are smooth.
- Next use oil based Sharpie paint pens to create your artwork. You can also try Prismacolor Premier nontoxic dual tip markers for lettering.
- Be sure to add #thekindnessrocksproject to the back of your rock so people can share pictures of the rocks they find.
- Finally, seal your rock with a sealant (like Mod Podge Outdoor Sealant) to protect your rock from the elements.
Do you have Kindness Rocks in your area?
I was thrilled to see my area has 758 rocks! They have a cool map that shows you where all the rocks are. Be sure to add a marker for your very special rocks!
I changed it up a bit and wrapped my rocks with inspirational metal message bands. All it took was some 24 gauge wire, rocks and the metal message bands.
Fasten the message band onto a smooth river rock by wrapping the wire around the rock in a figure eight. The back will look like this…..
Place them along a path to brighten someone’s day!
Hopefully this little random act of kindness with show people they are loved and cared for. What an amazing way for us each to connect. Isn’t that what we need?
Kindness is truly contagious… Please join us! Won’t you?
More Ways to Share Kindness
Here are more Random Act of Kindness Ideas.
- Print these free compliment sheets for people to take what they need.
- A long list of random acts of kindness.
- If you welcome the Elf on the Shelf into your home each year you might like to get kids into the practice of spreading kindness with these printable Elf on the Shelf Kindness Cards.
- Share Motivational quotes with friends to encourage and inspire friends.
- Print and share Positive Affirmations card to uplift friends and let them know they are special.