There might not be icicles hanging from the eaves just yet, but they’re a sparkly sign of the winter holidays! These 3 one round icicle crochet icicle ornaments make great gift toppers for sprucing up your pretty wrapped packages – and can decorate the tree for years to come!
Made with soft sparkly yarn, they’re easy enough for the beginning crocheter to make and safe enough for even the youngest ice princess to decorate with!
Crochet Icicle Ornaments Supplies
- US – H, 5.0mm hook
- Bernat Handicrafter Holidays Sparkle yarn (worsted weight; 98% cotton/2% metallic) – only a few yards are used per icicle
Abbreviations/Stitches Used: (for video tutorials for these stitches, please see the Crochet Abbreviations page on Moogly!)
- ch(s) – chain(s)
- sl st – slip stitch
- sc – single crochet
- hdc – half double crochet
- dc – double crochet
Crochet Icicle Pattern
Icicle #1 (shortest): Ch 6, join to first ch with sl st to form a ring; ch 12, skip ch closest to hook, sl st in next 3 chs, sc in next 3 chs, hdc in next 3 chs, dc in last 2 chs; sl st into ch-6 ring, break yarn and finish off, weave in ends.
Icicle #2 (medium): Ch 6, join to first ch with sl st to form a ring; ch 16, skip ch closest to hook, sl st in next 3 chs, sc in next 4 chs, hdc in next 5 chs, dc in last 3 chs; sl st into ch-6 ring, break yarn and finish off, weave in ends.
Icicle #3 (longest, a little lumpy): Ch 6, join to first ch with sl st to form a ring; ch 18, skip ch closest to hook, sl st in next 3 chs, sc in next 2 chs, hdc in next 2 chs, dc in next 2 chs, hdc in next 2 chs, dc in next 2 chs, hdc in next ch, dc in last 3 chs; sl st into ch-6 ring, break yarn and finish off, weave in ends.
I think you get the idea! Quick, easy, and fun! Feel free to play with the pattern and make up your own icicle shapes – straight or wobbly, long or short, they’re a great way to share your crochet with everyone on your list – and enjoy a handmade holiday!
Tamara Kelly is the designer and blogger at Moogly. Tamara has been crocheting for years and designing since 2011. On Moogly you’ll find hundreds of free and original crochet patterns, as well as award winning HD video tutorials and patterns.
My Favorite Crochet Tools
- If you are like me and like to crochet on the go this tote is a stylish way to keep everything you need at your fingertips!
- My MOST FAVORITE tool is these portable scissors that always make it through security and fit perfectly in my hook case.
- A️ yarn bowl is a beautiful way to wrangle yarn while crocheting
- Keep organized with this crochet hooks kit with a case. This 85-piece kit has over 2,500 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ five-star reviews.
- Crochet Stitch Dictionary: 200 Essential Stitches with Step-by-Step Photos is the most helpful resource to keep handy!
Easy Crochet Projects For you:
- Crochet Sweater Patterns For Everyone
- Crochet Star
- Crochet Wreath Ornament
- Crochet Stitches
- Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Patterns
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.