This hanging kitchen towel pattern is a cinch to sew and will keep that dish towel exactly where you can always find it! No more picking towels up off the floor or looking for a towel holder. Plus, you can pick out fabrics to compliment your kitchen decor or give this homemade hand towel as a special gift.
Learning how to make hanging kitchen towels with a store-bought towel is the key to making the sewing time so short on these. Be sure to check out these other great gifts to sew for Christmas, and this easy ribbon gift card holder to jazz up those gift cards!
This hanging kitchen towel sewing pattern will make great housewarming presents, bridal shower presents, or just for fun to update those ones that you’ve had since the beginning of time! Whatever the occasion may be, they are perfect to have on hand.
How to make a Hanging Towel
tea towel- store-bought
2- 6″X 6″ fabric can match or not
Hanging Towel Tutorial~
1) Pin right sides together of the 6″ X 6″ square fabrics
2) Sew all the way around the four sides, leaving a 2″ opening for turning
3) Snip corners and turn right sides out and iron
4) Fold towel in half to find the center of the long edge
5) Pin the square in place with on corner up– the opening for turning will be along the bottom so when you do the next step it will close this at the same time
6) Sew the two sides to secure the square to the towel.
7) Draw a line with pencil and ruler across the square — line up the ruler with the hemstitching of the towel.
8) Stitch on the drawn line.
9) Mark size of the button on the top point and stitch buttonhole.
10) Hang on the oven and mark where the button should be placed (mine weren’t checked before this step and they are a little tight!)
11) Stitch on the button, hang and use
There are so many ways to be creative with this hanging dish towel pattern. I love mixing and matching multiple fabrics with store-bought towels. You can easily make a beautiful set of coordinating towels.