Nothing is worse than needing a towel and finding it on the floor….and stepped on a few times. I sometimes wonder how long that was there and how many feet passed it without picking it up?! If you have the same problem, today you are in for a treat.
Let’s make a few quick and simple hanging towels. They are made with store bought towels– to make our sewing time short. For the hanging loop part you can use matching fabric, co-ordinating fabric, or something with a little pop.
For mine, I found Christmas fabric that was the same colors as the towel to make them festive and fun. You decide what you’d like yours to be.
These would make great house warming presents, bridal shower presents, or just for fun to update those ones that you’ve had since the beginning of time! Whatever the occasion may be, they are perfect to have on hand.
Let’s get started shall we?!
How to make a Hanging Towel
tea towel- store bought
2- 6″X 6″ fabric can match or not
Hanging Towel Tutorial~
1) Pin right sides together the 6″ X 6″ square fabrics
2) Sew all the way around the four sides, leaving a 2″ opening for turning
3) Snip corners and turn right sides out and iron
4) Fold towel in half to find the center of the long edge
5) Pin the square in place with on corner up– the opening for turning will be along the bottom so when you do the next step it will close this at the same time
6) Sew the two sides to secure the square to the towel
7) Draw a line with pencil and ruler across the square — line up the ruler with the hem stitching of the towel
8) Stitch on the drawn line
9) Mark size of button on the top point and stitch button hole
10) Hang on oven and mark where the button should be placed (mine weren’t checked before this step and they are a little tight!)
11) Stitch on button, hang and use