Are you looking for a doll diaper pattern? Look no further! Let me show you how to make a simple and easy doll diaper. This baby doll diaper pattern is perfect for people who sew that want to make diapers for about a 15-inch baby doll. Follow these simple steps, and you will have a sweet little diaper in no time!
Doll Diaper Supplies
Whip up a stack of nappies for dolls in no time at all with just a few supplies. These are very easy to make, but if you want a simple doll diaper pattern PDF so you don’t have to spend time figuring it out feel free to download my cloth diaper sewing pattern.
- fabric (I used a lightweight flannel)
- sewing machine
- free printable doll diaper pattern
How to Make a Diaper for a Child’s Doll
- Cut two pieces of fabric. I used a soft flannel, in pink of course (in my daughter’s eyes there are no other colors). Place the pattern piece on the fold of the fabric.
These cloth diapers would be so cute made from a fun print. You could also choose to use a printed cotton for the outside and a plain flannel for the inside of the diaper.
- Stitch the two pieces right sides together. Leave about a 2-inch opening on the straight edge along the back for turning.
- Clip corners and curves.
- Turn the fabric right side out.
- Whip stitch opening closed.
- Sew the velcro on the inside of the back flaps and on the outside of the front. I am confusing you with the picture. Pretend it is flipped over.
NOTE: Actually, this is easy, just lay your diaper out and fold it up and you will see where the velcro goes. It is probably a good idea to try it on your doll to get the correct velcro placement.
These only take minutes, including the time it takes to re-thread the sewing machine needle when the thread breaks sewing the velcro on (does anyone have any tips for this)? My daughter aka “little mommy” will be in heaven with this gift!
Okay, this might seem like the craziest gift, but I tell you my little girl is going to adore a stack of these baby doll diapers. Really a diaper is the only ‘clothes’ our babies wear if any. I think I might cut some pieces of fabric so she can have diapers and wipes.
More Free Patterns & Baby Doll Clothes Patterns
- American Girl Doll Easy Dress
- Doll Quilt Tutorial
- Handmade Gift Ideas for Children
- Handmade Doll Patterns and Tutorials
- Barbie Doll Sleeping Bag
- Dolly and Me Ruffled Scarf
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
Thank you for posting this! I am actually going to use Gorilla fabric glue for the velcro patches instead of sewing…I have heard that it is really strong.