SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAILSubscribe to Skip to my Lou posts
and receive them in your email inbox!
Fabric Coffee Sleeve Tutorial
We are baking, sewing & crafting up a storm, preparing handmade gifts for this holiday season. I am sharing 30 wonderful sewn gifts from 30 amazing bloggers! Head on over to According to Kelly for 30 fabulous crafty gifts. A Southern Fairytale is spotlighting 30 edible yummies & holiday-inspired recipes.You definitely don’t want to miss a day! Check out ALL of our creative projects HERE.
Hi, I’m Jeni from In Color
Order! I love to sew, and I hope to give lots of handmade gifts
this holiday season! 🙂
Materials for Coffee Cozy
– Fabric scraps from up to 12 different fabrics
– 4.5″x12″ piece of backing fabric
– 4.5″x12″ piece of fusible fleece
– 1 coordinating elastic hair tie
– Small button
– Coordinating thread
Seam Allowance: 1/4″ unless noted
How to make a fabric coffee cup cozy
1. Download the pattern and print a copy of the template, making sure
there is no scaling. You can check by measuring the 1″ square. Cut
along the dashed line. (If you plan to make more than one, print two,
and cut the second along the solid line!)
6. Using a small length of thread, fold your hair elastic and tie a
small knot about a 1/3 of the way over, so that you have two uneven
loops. This will help hold it in place when you sew together your
7. Take your template and cut off the seam allowance by cutting along
the solid line. Use this template to cut out your fusible fleece.
Fuse to the wrong side of your patchwork piece.
10. Sew around all four edges, back stitching at the start and finish,
making sure to leave a 1.5″-2″ opening along the bottom edge for
turning. Carefully trim the corners and the excess hair elastic.
12. On the side opposite the hair tie, center your button 1.5″ from
the short edge. Mark with a pen. Start sewing your button from the
front side, so that you end up with your knot finishing under the
button. This leaves your backing nice and neat!
For more sewing projects to gift this season, check out these
tutorials from my blog:
Stack Mug Rug (maybe a matching one for the coffee cozy!)