If you are looking for a handmade gift look no further. This useful Embellished Clipboard is also a great way to preserve a child’s artwork.
These embellished candles use a trick to transfer kid’s drawings to candles. This is another great gift idea.
Supplies You Will Need
To make this beautifully decorated clipboard you will need:
- Clipboard – A regular clipboard works perfectly for this project, but we found this notebook with a clip on the front. It holds a legal pad on the inside and since we are making this for our dad and that is just what our he uses!
- Foam brush
- Exacto knife
- White copy paper
- Crayons and or markers
- Plastic pan scraper or rubber brayer
How to Decorate a Clipboard with ModPodge
In these step by step instructions to cover a clipboard with mod podge and child’s artwork. What a great way to boost a child’s confidence than using something they have made to decorate something you use!
Now if I was in total control of this gift I would give the clipboard or the notebook and entire coat of acrylic paint before beginning. Well, my craft partner likes the flowers (I hope our dad does too).
- First, have a child color a picture. My crafty partner colored our family on regular white copy paper. Crayons or markers can be used. Be sure to use quality copy paper that isn’t too flimsy. Encourage your child to cover the entire page.
- Cut a notch from the top of the paper so it fits around the clip. This can be done with scissors or an Exacto knife.
- Place an even coat of ModPodge on the clipboard.
- Place the drawing on top of the clipboard covered in ModPodge. Use a plastic pot scraper, piece of cardboard or rubber brayer to gently smooth paper and remove air bubbles.
- Allow ModPodge to completely dry. (Check out those earrings my daughter drew for herself -WOW)
- Once completely dry paint a coat of ModPodge to top.
TaDah! A beautiful and useful gift! Someone is so proud!
Did you know you can also make custom stuffed animals with a child’s artwork? It is another fun way to display kid’s art in a fun and creative way.
Cindy Hopper combines a BFA in Art Education along with the practical experience of raising children to share simple crafts for kids, DIY projects, holiday inspiration, recipes, printables and approachable ideas for simple and happy living. Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to get crafty ideas, recipes, sewing tutorials and more delivered right to your inbox. Follow Skip to My Lou on FB to find out the latest news! Join me at Pinterest and Instagram for an extra dose of fun!