A crochet lip balm holder is quick and easy crochet pattern that make something useful. These little chapstick holders would make great gifts!
It doesn’t take much crochet thread to whip up this crochet lip balm holder. It is a great way to use up extra bits of crochet thread. If you want to make this chapstick holder so it will attach to a tote bag or your purse handle simply feed a split key ring (affiliate link) in the top back of the holder.
Crochet Lip Balm Holder
I used the crochet thread and a 2.2mm crochet hook
Start with a magic circle, and ch 2. Work 8 HDC in the circle, and join with a sl st in top of ch 2.
CH 2 and work 2 HDC in each st around, join with slip st in top of ch 2 (16sts)
Ch 1 and work 1 sc in front loop of each st (16 sts) Join with sl st in ch 1
Rows 2-5: *CH 1 and work 1sc in each st around join with sl st in ch1*
Rnd 6-14: *CH 2 work 1 HDC in each st in the round. Join with sl st in top of ch2*
(a total of 9 rounds)
Rnd 15- 19: Ch 1 and work 1 sc in each st in the round. Sl st in ch 1 to join
Rnd 20: CH 3, skip the next 2 sts *sc, ch2, skip next 2 sts* repeat steps between * until the end. Sl st in base of ch 3.
FLAP: Ch2 and work 3 HDC in the chain space from the previous round. Work another 3 HDC in the next chain 2 space. Ch2 and turn work. Work 1 HDC in each st (6 sts). Ch2 and turn work, working 1 HDC in each st across (6sts) CH2 and turn work, working 1 HDC in each st. Ch 5 and sl st into last st and ch 1. Finish off and weave in ends. Place chapstick in the holder to determine where to attach the button.
Wouldn’t these make cute little Christmas gifts? Everyone can use a chapstick holder. Turn this into a chapstick holder keychain by adding a metal ring to the back.
My Favorite Crochet Tools
- If you are like me and like to crochet on the go this tote is a stylish way to keep everything you need at your fingertips!
- My MOST FAVORITE tool is these portable scissors that always make it through security and fit perfectly in my hook case.
- A️ yarn bowl is a beautiful way to wrangle yarn while crocheting
- Keep organized with this crochet hooks kit with a case. This 85-piece kit has over 2,500 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ five-star reviews.
- Crochet Stitch Dictionary: 200 Essential Stitches with Step-by-Step Photos is the most helpful resource to keep handy!
Easy Crochet Projects For you:
- Crochet Sweater Patterns For Everyone
- Crochet Star
- Crochet Wreath Ornament tutorial
- Crochet Stitches
- Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Patterns
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
If you don’t crochet my friend has made a fabric version.