Today I’m showcasing some of my favorite crochet granny square patterns. Granny squares are a classic crochet pattern that can be made in so many different ways. We’ve gathered some of the best ones for you to try out, so get your crochet hook ready!
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced crocheter, there’s a pattern here for everyone. So get started and add some beautiful granny squares to your crochet repertoire!
What is a Granny Square?
A traditional granny square is typically made with “granny clusters” and chains. The granny clusters, which are simply three double crochet in the same spot, are worked into the chain spaces of the round before. These basic crochet stitches make it a perfect project for beginners.
Crochet granny squares can actually be any shape or size! Some common varieties include circles, triangles, and rectangles. You will even find stripes along with hexagons- perfect for making cozy blankets
How to Crochet a Granny Square
Here is a simple granny to try.
Easy Crochet Granny Square Patterns
Let’s start with some easy granny square patterns perfect for beginners. The only stitches you need to know for this classic granny square are chain stitch, slip stitch (sl st), single crochet stitches (sc), and double crochet (dc).
This one is perfect for scrap yarn. Double crochet stitches make up double clusters.
Popular Granny Square Patterns
You will love the easy to follow instructions on this one!
Fun Things to Make with Granny Squares
Here are some beautiful crochet projects to make. You will love all these free crochet patterns.
While a crochet blanket can seem ambitious the small and portable granny square blocks make it easy to work on them anywhere! Once you’ve crocheted a couple of stacks of these they can be turned into an afghan or throw.
Colorful granny squares can be made into so many beautiful things. I hope you have loved all these free granny square patterns! Here are some more crochet ideas Crochet Gifts.
My Favorite Crochet Tools
- If you are like me and like to crochet on the go this tote is a stylish way to keep everything you need at your fingertips!
- My MOST FAVORITE tool is these portable scissors that always make it through security and fit perfectly in my hook case.
- A️ yarn bowl is a beautiful way to wrangle yarn while crocheting
- Keep organized with this crochet hooks kit with a case. This 85-piece kit has over 2,500 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ five-star reviews.
- Crochet Stitch Dictionary: 200 Essential Stitches with Step-by-Step Photos is the most helpful resource to keep handy!
Easy Crochet Projects For you:
- Crochet Sweater Patterns For Everyone
- Crochet Star
- Crochet Wreath Ornament tutorial
- Crochet Stitches
- Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Patterns
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.