Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
A darling little crochet carrot basket filled with chocolate eggs will be the hit at your Easter celebrations. How about using these cute baskets as a favor on each plate for Easter Dinner.
This is another one of the many free crochet Easter patterns. You might also like these darling mini crochet Easter baskets. Friends would love to receive this sweet little bunny (that holds a surprise. Add some Easter home decor with a crochet Easter egg garland.
This carrot can be easily made with leftover yarn. It doesn’t take much! I’ve shared this pattern because I think this is the perfect crochet carrot treat bag pattern.
Crochet Carrot Basket Supplies
- crochet hook size H
- worsted weight yarn in orange and green
- paper shred and chocolate eggs
- -Chain → ch
- -Slip stitch → sl st
- -Single crochet → sc
- -Double crochet → dc
- -Increase (2 dcs) → inc
- -Magic ring → mr
- -Yarn over → yo
Carrot Basket Crochet Pattern Special Notes:
Important for this cute carrot shaped bag:
• Start with orange yarn and crochet in rounds, no turns till you work on the handle.
• **Join every round with sl st into the top of the first dc, then ch 2.
• Ending each round: The last dc of every round goes in the connecting sl st of the previous round.
• ***You can increase the size of the carrot by simply increasing the amount of dcs by 1 dc after each inc in every round before you work evenly. Just make sure that you end up with an even number of sts.
• For this project, we create an alternating pattern of small picots (ch 3) and big picots (ch 5) with small picots on each side of the handle.
How to Crochet a Carrot Easter Basket
This little carrot bag works up quickly and is the perfect Easter decor!
Start with orange yarn.
Round 1: Mr, start with ch 2, then 6 dc in ring (6 sts). Tighten mr. Join round.**
Round 2: *inc in next st, dc in next st* repeat around (9 sts). Join round.**
Round 3: *inc in next st, dc in next 2 sts* repeat around (12 sts). Join round.**
Round 4: *inc in next st, dc in next 3 sts* repeat around (15 sts). Join round.**
Round 5***: *inc in next st, dc in next 4 sts* repeat around (18 sts). Join round.**
Round 6: Work even – dc in each st around (18 sts). End round with ch 1 and switch to green yarn.
Round 7: Sc in the next stitch and sc all around. End round with ch 1, and start picot edge in the next round.
The picot edging makes the perfect top of the carrot.
Round 8: *sc1 in next st, ch3, sl st in 1st ch, sc1 in next st, ch5, sl st in 1st ch* repeat 3 more times; sc1 in next st, ch3, sl st in 1st ch and place your stitch marker as this st will be used for your handle later; *sc1 in next st, ch3, sl st in 1st ch, sc1 in next st, ch5, sl st in 1st ch* repeat 3 more times; sc1 in next st, ch3, sl st in 1st ch. End round with sl st in ch 1 of the previous round. Don’t fasten off. Start with the handle in the next row.
Round 9: Sl st in next st, ch 20. Make sure you don’t twist your ch. Round 10: Now, connect ch by inserting the hook in the marked sc (the st between the 2 small picots on the opposite side), yo and sl st through the marked sc and ch; turn and sc all the way back. Fasten off, weave in the end, and you’re almost done. Fill with goodies and have fun!
Please let me know what you think about this little crochet carrot basket pattern.
The above is a free crochet pattern, but enjoy a printable pattern for $1.99.
My Favorite Crochet Tools
- If you are like me and like to crochet on the go this tote is a stylish way to keep everything you need at your fingertips!
- My MOST FAVORITE tool is these portable scissors that always make it through security and fit perfectly in my hook case.
- A️ yarn bowl is a beautiful way to wrangle yarn while crocheting
- Keep organized with this crochet hooks kit with a case. This 85-piece kit has over 2,500 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ five-star reviews.
- Crochet Stitch Dictionary: 200 Essential Stitches with Step-by-Step Photos is the most helpful resource to keep handy!
Looking for a sewing pattern for stuffed carrots and even fabric carrots that hold pencils? Check out these other fun carrot projects and easy crochet ideas.