Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Here is a perfect layered salad recipe that is easy to make and super delicious! Cauliflower Salad makes a great light meal all by itself or the perfect side for a barbeque or sandwiches. The best part — it can be made ahead!
Here is what you need To Make this Cauliflower salad:
You may have the following ingredients on hand, if you don’t they can be easily found at most grocery stores. When you put them all together the outcome is a fresh delicious salad.
- 1 Head Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 Onion: I like to use sweet onions like Vidalia or red onion.
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- Crisped bacon: A preferred way to make perfectly crisped bacon is to cook it in the oven at 400 degrees on a lipped pan lined with aluminum foil. The aluminum foil will conduct some heat and aid in making clean-up easier.
- Parmesan cheese: Using freshly grated Parmesan cheese adds an extra level of freshness to this salad. I don’t know about you, but I love the salty edge Parmesan cheese has.
- Mayonnaise: You can make this Keto friendly by using a sugar-free mayonnaise such as Duke’s Real Mayonnaise.
- Sugar: You can make this Keto friendly by using a substitute sugar product like granulated Swerve. I also have halved the regular granulated sugar only using 1/4 cup and think it still tastes great.
Make this salad the night before to allow the flavors to blend together for the best tasting salad. You can certainly whip it up the same day but my preference is to make it ahead and refrigerate overnight.
I really love that I can make this recipe the day before to have it ready for a family dinner or potluck!
TIP: When making a layered salad, create a seal that will keep the lettuce layer fresh by spreading the mayonnaise completely over the lettuce making sure it touches the side of the bowl.
Want even more recipes or DIY projects?
Here is a perfect layered summer salad recipe that is easy and super delicious! It makes a great light meal or the perfect side for a barbeque or sandwiches. The best part — it can be made ahead!
- 1 Head of Iceberg lettuce bite-size pieces
- 1 Onion, diced fine
- 1 Head cauliflower, chopped fine
- 1 Pound Bacon, crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Cups Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
Place in a large bowl by layers, the following: Lettuce and cauliflower.
Spread the mayonnaise on top, making sure it covers the lettuce layer completely and touches the sides of the bowl (this acts as a seal and keeps the lettuce and cauliflower fresh -- essential to this salad! )
Next, spread the onion, bacon, Parmesan cheese, and sugar.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Toss and serve immediately.
This salad tastes best made the night before. You can certainly whip it up the same day but I love to make it ahead and refrigerate overnight.
recipe credit Sue Fackler
Cindy Hopper combines a BFA in Art Education along with the practical experience of raising children to share simple crafts for kids, DIY projects, holiday inspiration, recipes, printables and approachable ideas for simple and happy living. Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to get crafty ideas, recipes, sewing tutorials and more delivered right to your inbox. Follow Skip to My Lou on FB to find out the latest news! Join me at Pinterest and Instagram for an extra dose of fun!