Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
These adorable and easy Valentine’s Day cookies are sugar cookie cups made in your mini cupcake tin. Add pink icing and sprinkles for the Valentine’s Day touch.
Related: Need more delicious desserts for Valentine’s Day? Check out Decadent Divine Brownie ideas.
Related: Looking for more delicious ways to use your mini muffin pan? Check out these: mini strawberry cheesecake and miniature lemon meringue pies.
This Valentines cookie cups recipe is so easy, and they look like they came from a French pâtisserie. After all, who doesn’t love a fancy iced sugar cookie?
Ingredients for your Valentine’s Day Cookie Cups
You may already have everything. Here’s a list, just in case.
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- frosting (see recipe printed below)
- Food coloring for frosting
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a mini cupcake tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix cake mix and baking powder together. Add the 2 eggs and vegetable oil. Mix well.
- Scoop dough into balls and place in the prepared mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are set and very lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately lightly press the button of a 1 tablespoon or 1 teaspoon measuring spoon in the center of each cookie.
- Let cool.
- Put frosting onto a piping bag. Snip off the end of the bag and place a dollop of frosting on each cookie.
- Sprinkle with valentine’s sprinkles.
Making the Magic Happen
- Heat oven to 350F degrees. Spray mini cupcake tin with baking spray and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a mixing bowl, combine 1 box yellow cake mix, 2 large eggs,1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/3 C oil and combine until moistened.
2. Use a small cookie scoop or tablespoon to remove a portion of the dough from the bowl and use your hands to roll it into a ball. Place 1 ball of dough into each cup of your mini muffin pan.
3. Bake at 350F degrees for 10-12 minutes until just set and very light brown. Prepare the Best Sugar Cookie Frosting Ever while the cookies are baking. See recipe below.
4. Remove from the oven and immediately use the back of a tablespoon or the back of a cookie scoop to press down the center of each cookie to make a well for the icing and sprinkles.
5. Load piping bag with icing, fold the top of the bag down and twist the empty end, snip the tip of the piping bag over the icing bowl, then move it over the cookies and put a dollop of icing in each cookie.
6. Add sprinkles and remove cookie cups from the mini muffin tin. To serve, arrange on a platter or package in individual cellophane sacks and add a cute twist tie.
Best Sugar Cookie Frosting Ever Recipe
- 2/3 Cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup milk or cream
- 2 pounds of confectioners’ sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon creme bouquet flavoring
- gel food colorings (liquid food colorings don’t work well for this recipe)
- butter knife or piping bag
- sprinkles for decorating
- NOTE: Creme Bouquet is a wonderful flavoring. It has vanilla, almond, and hints of citrus. It is often called “wedding cake” flavor.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat 2/3 Cup of unsalted butter until Stir, about 3 minutes.
- Add milk or cream and beat until combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, then beat until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add another 1/2 Cup powdered sugar, then beat. Repeat until all sugar is combined.
- Stir in vanilla extract and creme bouquet flavorings.
- Stir in gel coloring one drop at a time until desired color is achieved.
- Load icing into piping bag, twist the top closed and snip the end off the piping bag over the icing bowl.
- Squeeze and fill the center of each cookie with icing and immediately apply sprinkles.
Valentine’s Day Cookies – Sugar Cookie Cups
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- red or pink food coloring
- heart sprinkles
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
Spray a mini cupcake tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix cake mix and baking powder together. Add the 2 eggs and vegetable oil. Mix well.
Scoop dough into balls and place in the prepared mini muffin tin.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are set and very lightly brown.
Remove from oven and immediately lightly press the button of a 1 tablespoon or 1 teaspoon measuring spoon in the center of each cookie.
Put frosting onto a piping bag. Snip off the end of the bag and place a dollop of frosting on each cookie.
Sprinkle with valentine's sprinkles.
Before You GO
I am so happy you are here! I love sharing recipes and helping people gather around the table with good food! When you need something delicious to share with friends please come to me!
- If your Valentine loves chocolate, you’ll need this collection. My head is full of these Decadent Divine Chocolate Cake recipes.
- Are charcuterie boards your love language? Well make your Valentine one of these Chocolate Charcuterie Boards.
- In case your Valentine does not like chocolate (gasp), no worries, try these Valentine Rice Krispie Treats.
- Here’s a sweet Valentine candy collection that screams Happy Valentine’s day! Free printable gift tags included.
- And for gifts without food or sweets, try Valentine Lottery Scratch Off Card.
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
Leave a Reply