Make your very own teddy bear with my free two-piece teddy bear pattern! This easy to follow pattern will help make creating an adorable stuffed animal fun and hassle-free. Put your creative skills to work and give your little ones (or yourself!) the cuddliest companion ever.
Teddy Bear Supplies
- 1/4 yard of fabric (I used fleece)
- thread for the sewing machine
- sewing machine
- embroidery floss
- free printable pattern
Download and print the pattern on cardstock.
How to Sew a Teddy Bear
- Cut fleece
- Place pieces together and sew as marked on the pattern.
- Add a nose with a bit of embroidery thread and needle.
- Place the right sides together and sew all the way around.
- Turn the bear inside out and stuff it with fiberfill. Hand stitch opening closed by hand with a needle and thread.
Make a Memory Bear
This pattern is also perfect to make a memory bear. Making a memory bear is a meaningful and thoughtful gift that allows you to preserve cherished memories and honor the legacy of a loved one. A memory bear is a stuffed bear made from clothing or fabric that holds sentimental value, such as items belonging to someone who has passed away, old clothing (like baby clothes), or important garments from special occasions. By transforming these fabric scraps into a comforting keepsake, you can create a tangible connection to the person or moment you hold dear.