Spin art is a mesmerizing art activity for kids using paint and a salad spinner. Spin Art never gets old. Depending on the age of your kiddo’s, it may not take much supervision, allowing them to build independence.
Check out these fun crafts to keep kids active and entertained this summer! The key to a happy summer is happy kids! Kids are happy when they’re creating. The more simple craft ideas we can find for them, the better.
Spin Art Supplies
- salad spinner (as long as you don’t allow the paint to dry inside it is easy to wash the salad spinner. If you don’t want to use the one you use for your food you might be able to find one at a garage sale or second-hand store for a couple of dollars.
- acrylic or tempera paint
- paper plates that fit inside the spinner or pieces of cardstock cut to fit inside the spinner
Now you are ready to make your very own spinning art machine!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Spin Art for Kids
Spin Art is a great way for kids to use their imagination. My son loves trying to guess what his creation will look like. The beauty of spin art is it doesn’t take any skill or experience. Anyone can do it. This craft speaks to kids of all ages…..boy or girl. I even have fun with this crafty activity.
Here are the steps I followed, but you may find a different way. I found it better to drizzle my paint in lines.
- Place paper laying face up inside the salad spinner.
- Drizzle paint onto the paper plate.
- Place on the lid (or if you are careful you can leave the lid off and watch the paint)
- Spin the paint!
Kids LOVE the spinning part! You can even try leaving the lid off so they can watch. You may as well throw a science lesson in there too.
I decided to make a banner from all the pretty paper plates. What a great way to dress up your deck or patio for your next BBQ. You could go a step further and add letters. Perfect for a Happy Birthday!
Another great way to display your children’s artwork. Inexpensive, cute and it kept the kids happy for a long time………priceless!
More Kids Crafts
By Kim Demmon. Kim runs a fabulous blog called Today’s Creative Blog. Be sure to stop by and say hi!