Roll a Turkey Dice Game is a delicious and darling DIY dice game perfect for kids, friends, and family to play on Thanksgiving Day! Using M&M’s or Skittles as game pieces helps this busy mom get everyone interested in playing, for sure!
Related: Roll the Dice Thanksgiving game and Thanksgiving Trivia are sure to leave everyone feeling full of good feelings on Thanksgiving!
Rolling a Turkey requires no cutting board, thermometer, salt, pepper, or thyme! No foil paper or oven is used! So, play this easy and fun game in the classroom, too! Who does not love rolling dice, counting, and getting to eat M&M’s or Skittles? Read on!
Supplies You’ll Need to Roll the Turkey
- White cardstock
- color printer
- scissors or paper cutter to separate the game cards (I used a paper cutter)
- M&M’s or Skittles (if you are expecting a crowd, buy a large bag or extra mini bags)
- bowls for candy if not using individual bags
- dice (if you seat players at different tables, each table will need a pair of dice) (or dice can be given to each player)
- Ziploc bag to store cards before and after playing
- Roll a Turkey Dice Game PDF
How to Print The Game Cards
Click the download button below to open the Roll a turkey printable PDF file. Print in color on white cardstock. Cut the cards apart and place them on your Thanksgiving table along with several sets of dice and a package of M&M’s or Skittles. I often send the PDF to my local printer or Office Max to print the most vibrant copies.
If you prefer Skittles to M&M’s I have a special printable for those.
How to Play Roll the Turkey Dice Game
Invite players to take a game card and find a seat within arm’s reach of the bowl of M&M’s or Skittles in the middle of the table. If you have a lot of people who want to play, you can pass out individual bags of candy so several tables can play at the same time!
- Choose who goes first (oldest? youngest? who traveled the farthest?)
- The first player rolls the dice, finds the total shown on the dice, reads the bottom of the card to find out which color candy to place on the game card, chooses the correct color of candy, and places the candy in the correct color ring on the game card.
- Play continues to the left or right, your choice! The next player repeats the same steps as the first player: rolls dice, totals dice, reads the bottom of the card, etc.
- If a player rolls the dice and there are no available spots for that color M&M on their game card, the player must pass the dice to the next player and try again next time.
- The winner of the game is the first one to fill every spot on the turkey’s tail.
- The game is not over yet! Play can continue until all players fill their game cards! This is a fun roll dice game: Winner, winner Turkey Dinner!
The game can also be played individually with each person rolling their own dice and filling the turkey feathers on their card. The first person wins.
I hope you have loads of fun with this roll-a-turkey activity!
Before You Go
I’ve got more fun games that kids love to play! I welcome you to check them out and leave me a comment letting me know what games you play on Thanksgiving!
- Thanksgiving Printables has a DIY Thanksgiving BINGO game, and so many printables to make loads of other Thanksgiving decor, Pilgrim hats, Thanksgiving Centerpieces, coloring sheets, word searches, and Thanksgiving Jokes! Don’t miss this full set of goodies.
- Awesome Minute to Win Games just like the TV Gameshow! Now you can make your own hilarious games to play at home! Like trying to run with a spoon holding an egg, etc.
- You will want to bookmark these Christmas Charades. They are perfect for getting up and moving around after your holiday dinners!
- Printable Christmas Games feature Christmas Trivia, Christmas Gift Passing Games, and more!