Hello Skip to my Lou readers!! I’m Holly from Spend With Pennies and I am thrilled to have been invited to write a guest post here on Skip to my Lou! In my little corner of the internet over at SpendWithPennies.com you’ll find lots of great recipes, tips, ideas and all kinds of other goodies! I’d love if you’d stop by to say hello!
I love flavored butters, both savory like this one or sweet like my Whipped Strawberry Butter! They add such a great rich flavor to any dish! If you’ve never made a flavored butter before, you’ll love this! It’s super easy to make… and once you’ve made one, you’ll want to try all kinds of combinations! The possibility of flavors is endless!
Roasted Jalapeño Butter is something I make often… it’s perfect on a steak or corn on the cob! Even better than that, it’s AMAZING on cornbread! The list goes on and on! This recipe begins with a roasted jalapeño giving it incredible flavor but taking out a bit of the bite. You can read my tutorial on roasting peppers here, it’s simple to do and tastes fantastic! The more seeds you leave in the jalapeño, the more “kick” your butter will have!
Roasted Jalapeño Butter
- 1 Roasted Jalapeño Pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
1. Roast jalapeño pepper per directions here. Once cooled, remove seeds if desired and dice.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl until well mixed.
3. Place butter on a piece of plastic wrap and roll tightly into a log.
4. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Slice into discs and serve! (This is delicious with warm cornbread or over shrimp!)
There are lots of great recipes and tips over on Spend With Pennies so be sure to pop by and say hello!! Here are a few favorites you’re not going to want to miss!
Please be sure to stop by and visit me for lots of awesome recipes and tips!