Mini Funny Bunny Nutter Butter Cookie Pops by Munchkin Munchies
Hello there! My name is Sue and you can normally find me over at my blog, Munchkin Munchies! I love making treats for my munchkins (grandchildren) and connecting with so many great people through blogging.
I was so thrilled when I was asked to guest post on Skip to My Lou last week; I put my thinking cap on right away! I wanted to come up with something fun, easy, and tasty too. These little bunny pops accomplish all three goals.
I always get such a kick out of the cute treats made from Nutter Butter cookies that I bought a pack intending to make some sort of Easter treat, a bunny perhaps. I held the cookie up vertically, but when I turned it sideways, I immediately “saw” a mini version of my popular Funny Bunny cookies from two years ago. They turned out even better than I imagined!
They’re simple to make, and are sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike!
Everything you need is pictured above, and no baking is required!
Mini Funny Bunny Nutter Butter Cookie Pops
1 package Nutter Butter cookies
1 16-24 ounce almond bark
Pink marshmallows (I had pink hearts left from Valentine’s Day), or pink jelly beans work too.
Black food marker
1. Melt the bark (in a deep bowl) according to package directions. Dip the end of a popsicle stick into the melted bark and gently insert it into the middle of the Nutter Butter cookie (oriented horizontally). Push bottom of stick into styrofoam block and let dry (15 min. or so) before the next step.
2. Holding the end of the popsicle stick, dip the cookie into the melted bark until completely covered. Let the excess drip off into the bowl.
3. While it is still wet, gently add a small, pink marshmallow (you may cut it, to shape it into a more nose-like shape) or pink jelly bean onto the top, middle, curved part of the cookie. Another option is to let the cookie dry first, and add the nose with a dab of melted bark later. Let cookie dry completely.
4. After the cookie is dry, use a food marker and add simple, bunny facial features…mouth, teeth, whiskers.
5. Add a bow with a dab of melted bark, or tie a ribbon around the stick.
Before you know it, you’ll have a whole bunch of mini funny bunnies for your favorite munchkins! Say that five times, fast:)