Be a Leprechaun and wish everyone “Top of the Day!” This printable leprechaun mask makes it easy. Just print, color and glue!
We are having fun celebrating St Patrick’s Day. Be sure to eat some green popcorn and drink, of course, a shamrock shake! Isn’t that what every leprechaun would do. They for sure will be telling these St Patrick’s Day jokes.
Leprechaun Mask Supplies
- Leprechaun Hat printable
- Leprechaun Beard printable
- Two pieces of white cardstock
- Green construction paper
- Glitter (optional…. well it isn’t optional at our house)
- Green Crayons
- Orange Crayons
How to make a leprechaun mask
Download and print the beard and hat in black and white on white cardstock. Print actual size.
Cut out the beard and the hat.
Color the hat and the beard.
Attach the hat to the beard. A glue stick or tape works great for this. Add a bit of glue to the buckle.
Sprinkle glitter on top of the glue to make a sparkly gold buckle.
Cut the piece of green paper into 2 inch wide strips. Tape the strips together to make a headband that fits snugly on the head.
Tape the headband to the back of the hat.
How easy was that!
I hope your kids have a blast. They might like these St Patricks Day coloring pages!
Did you know?
- If you catch one they will grant you three wishes so you will set them free and they will tell you where their gold coins are because they have to tell the truth by fairy law
- They are mischievous.
- These Irish fairies like to spend time alone.
- They have a pot of gold hidden at the end of a rainbow.
- This magical creature make and mend shoes for their vocation.
- They are a type of fairy of the Aos Sí in Irish folklore.
- The word leprechaun is derived from the Irish lupracan which literally means “a very small body” however some say it is derived from the Irish leath bhrogan, meaning shoemaker.
- Lucky the leprechaun, the mascot for Lucky Charms is probably the most famous leprechaun.