Dia duit! Whether you’re looking for different ways to express gratitude or love learning Irish phrases, we’ve got you! Today I am sharing the Irish way of saying “thank you” in our printable greeting cards and stickers.
“Thank you” is a simple word but also one of the most useful words you can say in different languages. In Irish culture, wishing good things, good health, and good luck is how you thank an Irish person. So if you want to learn how to say these useful Irish words and how to print them, keep reading!
“Go raibh maith agath” Card
The literal translation of this phrase is “may there be goodness at you”, although English speakers don’t say it.
“Go raibh maith agath” with Green shamrock card
“Go raibh maith agath” Tags
Download Thank You In Irish PDF
Other common Irish expressions:
- go raibh míle maith agat is close to “thanks a million”
- go raibh maith agaibh is how to say thank you to a group of people
- go raibh maith agat literally means “may you have goodness”
- míle buíochas is a short but lovely way to say “thank you”
- go méadaí dia thú is a religious expression that means “may god increase you”
- bóthar leat translates as “may the road rise to meet you”, the most traditional Irish blessing
MORE IRISH PRINTABLES, RECIPES AND MORE FROM SKIP TO MY LOU:
- I love you in Irish
- St. Patrick’s Day quotes
- Irish cream recipe
- St. Patrick’s Day ideas
- Happy Birthday on St. Patrick’s Day
- Happy Birthday in Irish
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.