How to get your backyard party ready
We are planning for a backyard graduation party and many other summer gatherings so we are working hard to get things in order. If you love backyard entertaining like we do you can follow these super simple tips for a party ready space!
Make a plan and budget
- Backyard projects can easily get out of hand so make a budget and set priorities. Ask yourself what is already working in your yard and what is not. What plants are doing well and which ones might need to be moved.
Address any lawn and landscape problems
- Add grass seed to get any bare spots growing.
- Add fertilizer to the rest of the lawn to make it lush!
- Feed plants with proper fertilizer to get them blooming and thriving. Many flowering shrubs like roses and azaleas will flourish with this extra nourishment.
- Prune bushes and trees. This little tip right here will do wonders to freshen up a backyard.
Clean all walking paths and decks
- Check walkways and paths to make sure they are free of debris and clear for guests
- Check deck for loose boards. It might be time to give the deck and patio a good power wash.
Add color and interest by planting container gardens
- Planting container gardens will brighten up any yard and add continuous color all summer long!
- To create a festive mood add string lights. I think nothing adds a more festive feel than string lighting!
- Install lights along dark walkways to brighten the area and take away tripping hazards.
- Adding items of special interest like pillows and candles will make the area come together. Try making these flowering hurricane centerpieces that will last all summer and provide a warm glow in the evening!
- Marquee lighting can make a great party decoration.
- Make sure your have plenty of seating. I was thrilled to find customizable patio furniture online at Lowes. You choose the frame and the fabric for the cushions. This stuff is sturdy but easy to move around to make different seating configurations as needed.
Plan for pests!
- Give the yard a coat of Bug B Gon or similar product to keep guests comfortable!
- Citronella candles and torches will keep flying pests away!
Back up plan
- Be prepared for bad weather. We experienced a downpour, receiving over three inches of rain during our graduation party. We had spent so much time preparing the patio and yard I couldn’t throw in the towel and move the party inside. Thankfully Lowe’s does have EVERYTHING to make a party a success. We purchased huge tarps and hung them from our roof then over our deck. We stayed dry underneath late into the night!
- Relax and visit with your guests!
This is a sponsored post by Lowes. All opinions and ideas are my own. I only share things I use in my everyday life. Because of Lowes we enjoy hours of fun in our backyard!