Hello Skip to My Lou Readers!! I am Laura and I blog at Pink Cake Plate!
I have to tell you how excited I am to be here and share this creepy Halloween treat with you!! I about fell off my chair when I read the email inviting me to do a guest post. I am not new to blogging but I have not done many guest posts this is very exciting for me!!
A little about me, I still consider myself a newlywed (married for 5 years now!!), am a grandmother to one sweet baby girl, work for the worlds largest Domain Registrar and of course my favorite color is PINK!!!! I blog about life, crafts, cooking and crazy PINK adventures!!
Today I am sharing with you a ghoulish treat that most kids will love!! Green Goblin Eggs!! Have you ever dyed Easter eggs and the shells cracked and the dye bled through?? Well this recipe uses this technique to make these eggs look pretty freakin’ awesome!! Your kids are going to love them and they are perfect for that Halloween Party!
I think we all know how to boil eggs, here is how I do it. I start with cold water, put the eggs in and bring it to a boil. Let eggs boil for 10 mins, then I let the eggs sit for another 10 mins. That is it!! Easy peasy!
Now on to the Goblin Eggs. Once the eggs are hard boiled I gently tapped them to crack the shells.
Once cracked put them in your dye bath and let sit for 1 hour. (See recipe below)
Remove form the dye bath and peel!!
They look pretty funky already!! That green is awesome!!
Now its time to make the inside goop!! Mash the yolks, stir in potato flakes, mayonnaise, sour cream, and spices until blended. Don’t forget the chives they look like bugs in the filling!! EWWWWW! It is Halloween after all! Spoon the goop evenly into egg white halves. Gently press 2 halves together stuffed sides facing each other!! Sprinkle with more chopped chives for more bugs on top!
Here is the recipe!!
Green Goblin Eggs
- 6 cups hot water
- 1 (0.3-ounce) bottle yellow liquid food coloring
- 1/2 (0.3-ounce) bottle blue liquid food coloring
- 1/2 (0.3-ounce) bottle green liquid food coloring
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 12 large unpeeled hard-cooked eggs, with shells cracked
- 1/2 cup instant potato flakes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add eggs, and let stand 1 hour. Remove and drain on paper towels. Peel eggs to reveal pattern on whites.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise; carefully remove yolks. Mash yolks; stir in potato flakes and next 5 ingredients until blended.
- Spoon the yolk mixture evenly into egg white halves. Attach 2 halves, gently pressing together stuffed sides.
The Severed fingers are simply hot dogs, torn flour tortillas and sliced almonds!! Pretty easy!!
Cook your hot dogs and cut in half, I tore the tortillas in strips and wrapped around the cut end of the hot dog. Poke the sliced almonds in the opposite end and you have your severed fingers!!! YUCK!!! Serve with Blood (ketchup)!!!
Here you have 2 Gruesome treats for your Halloween table!! Pretty scary if you ask me!! LOL!
Thank you so much Cindy for having me today I am so honored to share these goulish treats with you and your readers!!