Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
I love gnocchi, the Italian version of a dumpling. My Gnocchi with tomatoes, pine nuts and spinach is a delicious comfort food and simple to make!
Gnocchi with Tomatoes, Pine Nuts and Spinach Ingredients
You will need these ingredients to make this recipe for Gnocchi
- cream (half and half is fine but heavy cream makes it richer)
- crushed tomatoes, 28 oz.
- garlic, 6 cloves, pressed
- sun-dried tomatoes, 1/2 C.
- black olives, 1/2 C. (Kalamata can be used, also)
- potato gnocchi, 3-16 oz. packages
- spinach, 2 C. fresh
- pine nuts, 1 C.
How to Make This Creamy Gnocchi Recipe
- Combine the cream, un-drained crushed canned tomatoes and garlic in a large pan. Bring to a boil and then simmer uncovered about 5 minutes or until tomato sauce thickens slightly.
- Add in the sun-dried tomatoes and olives. Simmer 2 minutes uncovered.
- Meanwhile in a pot, cook gnocchi in boiling water until it floats to the top according to the package directions. Drain and gently toss gnocchi, spinach, and pine nuts.
- Add boiled Gnocchi, pine nuts and spinach into the creamy sauce and cook until the spinach wilts and mixture is heated through.
5. Serve in a bowl.
Gnocchi with Tomatoes, Pine Nuts, and Spinach
- 1 1/2 cup cream half and half is fine but heavy Gcream makes it richer
- 1 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic pressed
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes soak dried sun-dried tomatoes in water 15-20 min, drain, chop
- 1/2 cup black olives whole or sliced (Kalamata olives can be used if desired)
- 3- 16 oz. packages gnocchi vacuumed sealed container)
- 2 cups spinach or more, torn coarsley
- 1 cup pine nuts toasted
Combine the cream, un-drained crushed canned tomatoes and garlic in a large pan. Bring to a boil and then simmer uncovered about 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Add in the su-dried tomatoes and olives. Simmer 2 minutes uncovered.
Meanwhile cook gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and gently toss gnocchi, spinach and pine nuts with the sauce until the spinach wilts and mixture is heated through. Serves about 8.
How does one pronounce Gnocchi? Here’s a joke to help you remember.
Why couldn’t the pasta dish get through the door?
Because it had gnocchi!
You may have noticed I used prepared Gnocchi for this dish. I know some of you out there make your own Gnocchi from scratch, so feel free to leave a comment and enlighten us!